Application Help

Any help is appreciated…my DD is trying to complete her CS Apply application and we are concerned about the Cal Poly SLO questions. She went through the questions and answered them and saved answers, but when we go to the submit page and open the PDF of the application there are additional questions that are not required, but these questions were never asked of her and she can not figure out how to answer them. She was asked to fill in number of hours of work and ECs but was not asked to list what the jobs were or what the ECs were. Did anyone else have this issue and did you resolve it or just not answer the not required questions?
TIA for any help!

Cal Poly only wants EC hours/week, work hours/week, if the job was major related and if you held any leadership positions for the EC’s. You do not list the types of EC’s or description of the job.

SLO admits based on MCA points and here is the calculator: https://mca.netlify.com/

Do not answer the questions, you lose out on valuable MCA points.

From the SLO application guide book:

[quote]

Program Materials Section
EXTRA-CURRICULAR AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Click on your program, then on questions tab.
• Work experience can be paid or not. Internships or volunteer programs are abso- lutely applicable to this section.
• Examples of applicable extra-curricular activities may include (but are not limited to) the following: sports teams, official clubs, FFA programs, First Robotics, and marching band.
• There is no area on the application to give details regarding these activities. It is simply quantified into hours per week, with an indication of leadership roles and major relatedness.
• Cal Poly reserves the right to request additional documentation to verify your responses if needed.

Thank you! just read the same thing on the Cal Poly site and hit SUBMIT after reading it!

Very helpful…we were concerned about the same thing! Other concern we have…when looking at the PDF of the application before we submit, we see the title of the document (on top left corner of every page) says “Cal State Apply 2021”. These kids are applying for Fall 2020…is this the right form?

Ours said 2021 at the top also, but somewhere in the PDF it said term applied for Fall 2020.

I saw the same thing. The questions that were empty look like they might have been for other CSUs (although I don’t know which).