APs in the UC G Category

Hi all,

I was looking at the G course requirements and one section stated, “Score of 3, 4 or 5 on any one AP exam in Computer Science A, Computer Science Principles, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Psychology, U.S. Government or Comparative Government.”

I have a score of a 4 in Computer Science Principles and Microeconomics. Should I just put the exams in this section. For example, should I have the course “Computer Science Principles” in B and the exam in G? Additionally, I took college economics and put that under the G section, but then I also self studied for the Microeconomics test. Would I have the college level economics class and the AP score both in the G section?

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, economics courses or AP scores typically count under the G category.

However, if the college course is also introductory microeconomics, the AP credit would be considered duplicate. If so, you may want to ask UC admissions directly to to handle that. If you matriculate to a UC, you will get credit only once if a course and AP credit are duplicates.

Note that any courses in the A-F categories beyond the minimum required also can be counted in the G category.

You report your AP scores in the test section and not in the academic history. The actual AP classes are listed in the academic history section with a grade.