Arts of tuscaloosa

<p>I know some on this board have taken or their kids have taken Arts in Tuscaloosa. One poster had brought up concern about transportation to venues required by the class.</p>

<p>I’m hoping to follow up on this to see what kind of logistical arrangements were made for all kids to attend required events, and hope to get some feedback about the class in general.</p>

<p>I have noticed many films showing at a place called Bama Theater, which appears to be off campus, and was wondering if attending showings there was part of the Arts in Tuscaloosa class. I think it would be something my son would be interested in, but being without a car, it is difficult for him to get there. If visits to this venue are part of “class field trips”, he would probably enjoy a course like that.</p>

<p>Thanks for any input!</p>

<p>My D is currently taking Arts of Tuscaloosa. She is really enjoying the class because of the diversity of Art covered (not just museums but performance art/lectures/etc) Since she is OOS, she thought it has really helped her become familiarized with many different aspects of Tuscaloosa she would not have known about. Most of the exhibits are on or very near campus. I think the farthest drive was 15 minutes. The majority of the work has been writing short critiques. She has found this a very enjoyable class!</p>

<p>Which is the better class, arts in Tuscaloosa or Arts and Parody in Tuscaloosa? I believe these are 2 different classes??</p>

<p>My son LOVED “Fine Arts and Parody”. I don’t think it has “Tuscaloosa” at the end unless they’ve changed the class a bit.</p>

<p>Thanks mom! My DS wants to take that class. I know it’s popular, but keep your fingers cross!!</p>

<p>Any fine arts classes that involve film, theater, art, music, and that are not necessarily honors? </p>

<p>Son needs two humanities courses, and he’s not a big reader, so he’s looking for more fine arts related courses. Although his first love is film, his engineering labs are making it hard for him to get a film class in. Any recommendations on other humanities courses would be most appreciated.</p>