Assigned to Holiday Inn for housing

<p>Checked my housing info and it said this: You have been assigned temporarily to the Holiday Inn hotel across from the University (1350 South Dixie Highway, Coral Gables, FL 33146). The Department of Housing and Residential Life is in the process of determining a permanent housing assignment for you on campus. Once a specific permanent assignment has been made, the information will be displayed on this page. If you have questions about your initial temporary housing assignment in the hotel, please contact the Housing and Residential Life Office at (305) 284-4505 or via e-mail at <a href="mailto:Housing@miami.edu">Housing@miami.edu</a>.</p>

<p>Did anyone else get this message? Will I be by myself or will it be with someone else?</p>

<p>Are you a freshman? Did you go thru the roomate selection process?</p>

<p>Looks like he’s a transfer… to my knowledge, freshman are guaranteed on campus housing.</p>

<p>I know this happened to a few people last year. They all ended up with on campus housing within a few weeks, and during the time they were at the holiday inn there was a regular shuttle to take them to campus (even though it’s just across the road).</p>

<p>I don’t know about the other parts of your question, though. I’d recommend calling housing.</p>

<p>Just need to figure out when I’m supposed to be at the hotel now.</p>