Athletic Tryouts

<p>My son will be trying out for the varsity soccer team. I was quite surprised to find out that this takes place two weeks before orientation. I'm hoping some of you have had experience with tryouts.</p>

<p>I'm figuring the athletes must stay in the dorms. Is there an extra cost? And what happens to kids who do not make early cuts?</p>

<p>The coach wrote me that they start with a 3 day work project and then the athletes do not take part in the work project that follows the orientation weekend. What do they do during that time? And again, what happens to athletes who are not chosen for the team during this time?</p>

<p>The coach wrote me and answered some initial questions, but he is on vacation now and I don't want to bother him. I'll be appreciative of any info on the tryout process.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>I am a new parent but I am pretty sure other athletes (both new freshman and returning students) will also be on campus before orientation. Although my S was recruited by Colorado College to swim he started out the college process with the intention of playing D3 football but decided his real love was swimming. He has not completely givien up the idea of also playing football so he spoke with the football coach at the admitted students open house. It is his understanding that new and returning players have to be on campus 3 weeks early. He was under the impression that he would simply move into his dorm room when he arrived at no additional cost. I am sorry that I can not be more specific but since no one posted a response to your question I thought I would share what little I do know.</p>

<p>Thanks, Swimming!</p>