Attended Future 'Cane Day This Past Weekend

My wife and I attended Future 'Cane Day this past weekend with my daughter, who has been accepted to the Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science. I thought the school ran a good program (as every school should (but sadly some do not) since they are trying to close the deal) which was very informative for my daughter.

William Green, Ph.D., the school’s senior vice provost and dean of undergraduate education, gave an excellent opening talk, that was relevant to any student considering any school. I chatted with him for a few minutes afterward and found him to be engaging and passionate about his role.

The sessions with several professors from the Rosenstiel School were very good, and my daughter was able to chat with them afterward. She also spent some time with a couple of current students in the program, which we had lined up ourselves. She found this helpful.

It has given her a good deal to consider. It is a very attractive choice for a student interested in marine science/environmental science. Now onward to our other visits.

What other schools is she considering?

Wisconsin, Vermont, College of Charleston, Boston University (assuming she is accepted), Maryland - College Park.