Chance me Please! - What are my chances of being admitted into the University of Miami?

I’m a current junior really interested in going to the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences to get my degree in Marine Affairs and I’d like to know what my chances of getting in are. I know that this program is one of if not the best programs for marine science of any kind. I am a South Florida resident (Broward County) and attend a low income public school. Also, I’d like to apply either early action or decision.

GPA: 3.8 UW 4.8 W
SAT: 1240 (working on it getting higher) - also planning to take the SAT ecological biology subject test
Six AP classes including the AP Capstone program (my Seminar papers about were about the effects of fast food on the environment and how overpopulation in certain countries is affecting the ocean and my AP Research paper was attempting to conclude steps or methods for mitigation of the pollution Turkey Point power plant is emitting into the Biscayne aquifer), planning on taking nearly all APs next year
2 dual enrollment courses
ECs: National Honor Society, KEY Club Secretary, Ecology Club VP, Speech and Debate all 4 years, state championship semi-finalist, member of non-profit environmental organizations local to my area such as REEF and the Coastal Conservation Association. I’m planning on obtaining my diving license over the summer. I’m also going to multiple summer camps over the summer as a speaker to talk to kids and teach them about environmental conservation. Was also a competitive gymnast for half of high school career.

Volunteer work outside of school clubs: 50+ hours working at an assisted living facility for elders who are heavily impacted by dementia and Alzheimer’s. Pretty much being a CNA. Feeding, cleaning, laundry, meal prep, entertainment.

I work as a part time file clerk at a law office usually over break and on off-school days, so regular hours would be 8.5-10 per day.

I speak Spanish, and I read and write (still working on fluency) Russian, French, Korean, Portuguese. Do these things really matter?

I was also accepted into a two-week Duke field studies summer program pertaining to marine ecology and behavioral science. This school is my dream school. It would be so greatly appreciated if anyone replied!! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Oh, and I’m female and hispanic/mixed race and ethnicity.

Hey! Your GPAs amazing and I definitely see you getting in. Study your butt off for the SAT (or try the ACT) to be competitive for a lot of money off at the school as well

You have a great chance of getting in! Bump that SAT score up maybe fifty points and you’re probably guaranteed entry!

Best of luck! I’m working on making my way there too!

Thanks so much!

I’d say you have an excellent chance of getting in, take the SAT again, and if you can raise your score by 100 or so points you prob have a good shot at some $$