Attending our first Music College Fair...any tips?

My son (HS junior, aspiring Film/TV/Video game composer) and I are attending our first Music College Fair soon and would love to hear anyone’s experience who has attended one before. Any tips?

#musiccomposition
#musiccollegefair

Just make sure to target schools that are accepting of and excellent for commercial composition for new media.

1 Like

This is general college fair advice. I can’t remember if I attended a music specific college fair with my son or not but we definitely did some college fairs with other kids. It goes best if you find out which schools will be there before you arrive, do a little research, make a list of schools to target, and head to those first. It’s less overwhelming that way. Also if there’s any schools the student is very interested in, it may be possible to meet with the admissions officer at about the same time, but apart from the fair. One of my kids did this with some liberal arts colleges and it worked well. The admissions officers were happy to meet with her when they were already in town. Maybe this was just an LAC thing but it was helpful.

1 Like