atTransfer from American University to GW

Hello!

I recently posted about some questions I have about the process of transferring in as a spring transfer but now I would really appreciate if anyone could chance me! I’m curious if the fact that i’m transferring from a neighboring DC and somewhat comparable school will hurt my chances? This would also be my second time transferring, I transferred to AU from a community college but AU really isn’t my best fir and I realized that GW would be a much better fit for me and I know I would thrive there.

My stats:

HS GPA: really low, but I explain that on my application .
College GPA: 3.36, will definitely go up after this semester. I know its low- does that greatly affect my chances of being rejected?

ECs:
-Founder/President of my last college’s Young Democrats Club
-Co-Founder/Political Director of the Orange County High School Democrats
-Deputy National Outreach Director for California College Democrats
-Platform Committee Member of California Young Democrats
-Young Democrats of America Delegate
-Internship at law firm this past summer
-Intern at Running Start
-Member of the AU College Democrats
-Member of the Alexander Hamilton Society

Any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated, thank you!

I think Letters of Rec and your personal essays will play a big role. I am also applying as a transfer with a 3.76 GPA but not nearly as many ECs because I am a non traditional student (single mom). Your ECs are super impressive as well though, what major are you applying for?

Transferring from neighboring schools makes no difference. In fact, many students actually end up doing that. Your GPA is a bit low, but your ECs are pretty solid.