Auburn University Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

I know that’s right! :sweat_smile:

Hi all- This may be a dumb question, so my apologies in advance. Is merit only based off of test scores? For example, if the student has a 28 ACT and a 4.0 then that means no merit?
Thanks!

For the auto merit there is a minimum test score and GPA requirement for each level. Presidential for example requires ACT of 33 or higher and GPA of 3.5 or higher. Office of University Scholarships | Auburn University

Thank you

1 Like

surprised to hear about this many deferrals for students with excellent academic records, I had a really low GPA and an average ACT, was accepted, OOS

Did you get accepted in the first or second round of EA? From what I’ve seen, it looks more more people got deferred who applied for the 2nd round? Maybe not quite as people met the deadline for EA1.

Last year it seemed AU deferred so many in the EA rounds (with typically good stats) who then chose to go to other colleges as opposed to waiting on Regular Decision. It looks like this year they accepted more EA1. I know they ended up accepting many at the last minute with significantly lower stats mid summer and then for Spring semester compared to those who had been deferred in EA, because by Regular Decision those with high gpa/ACT had many other options that they have considered. In addition, AU had less scholarship money left to offer. I think AU is just adjusting their methods as they deal with the new influx of applications.

2 Likes

got my acceptance 11/12 so i think ea2

2 Likes

GB, would you be so kind as to post your credentials? Also, are you a legacy and do you have a parent in the aviation industry?

1 Like

This thread has been quiet lately.

How is everyone doing? Is anyone waiting on acceptance letters? Still deciding where to go?

My daughter never received an acceptance letter in the mail and she was accepted in the October round. Did anyone receive a letter?!

That’s strange. My daughter was accepted mid October and received a packet in the mail a couple weeks later.

1 Like

D23 is waiting on two more schools’ decisions in December and (hopefully) a few more scholarship letters. Auburn is in her top 3 though.

1 Like

Waiting on Auburn Honors application. Does anyone know when those decisions come out??

Is there a date that students find out about merit? My daughter was accepted in the November round. Her UW GPA is a 4.0 and she just submitted her single test score of 32. The website says she qualifies for $15K but I don’t think that is automatic. Any insight?

It should be automatic if she meets the stats. Not sure about other merit but believe she can count on that.

My daughter is waiting on Honors College, too. If they applied by the November deadline, they should hear back mid-December.

3 Likes

According to the website, she should get an official merit offer in mid December. The say the amounts on the charts are not “guaranteed”, but everything I have seen so far this year has followed the charts. My daughter actually received $500 more a year than what was listed.

1 Like

same - my son got $500 more as well.

1 Like

My son had a 32 as well and was accepted in October round. He randomly checked his portal tonight and there was the 60k offer in there. Not sure how long its been tgere

1 Like