Auburn University Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

I so sorry about the deferral. Agree ACT must be the issue given such a strong resume. I agree with the suggestion of another try at the ACT, sending scores to Auburn on the test day. Math and Reading are the two easiest sections to raise with review/practice/strategy. I think I remember my kid saying there are 7 rules for English or something like that. If you can swing a private tutor that can focus on the weaker areas that might help!

Thank you VirginiaBelle, Hlauburn & Rpmarks for your kind words. I will encourage my daughter to contact her admissions officer for advice & we will definitely explore retaking ACT & prepare with tutor (just hope it’s not 12/10 or 2/11 bc she has State cheer championship & UCA Cheer Nationals on those dates).

Praying for good news in March (& praying for housing if she receives good news - the housing discussion is making me so nervous). Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 Like

Hoping to hear about EA1 admitted merit awards today! Came out around 5:30EST last year.

7 Likes

The merit scholarship notifications are out!

3 Likes

You were right! They awarded the first round of merit scholarships a few minutes ago!

My daughter received her merit award as well! She is in the tier we expected based on her ACT score, but it was $500 more than the chart. Did all the levels get bumped up a little? I thought maybe it was to offset the rise in tuition
 :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

Did your kids receive an email about merit awards? Or do they find that in portal?

My daughter got an email to her AU account and it is also in her portal under “Awards”.

2 Likes

Can anyone provide guidance on how to rank dorms? We have never visited so are going into this blind. My son is from Texas and will be pre-business and plans to rush if that is helpful.

1 Like

Yes! My DS was awarded Presidential Scholarship of $17,000
$500 more than the chart. :raised_hands::raised_hands:

4 Likes

Really depends on personal preference, as they all have pros and cons.

• The Village is a good location, lots of freshmen, and even has one “community” dedicated to out of state kids. They are suite style with 4 bedrooms (private), 2 baths, a kitchenette and living area. Close to Arena, Stadium, dining hall, but maybe a bit of a walk from some buildings.
  • The Quad is the BEST location, but they are older, and they are a shared room (2 kids) and connect by a shared bath to another room.
  • More expensive options include South Donahue and 191 College (used to be private apartments, so they are very nice).
  • Cambridge is older, shared rooms, a little off campus, but good location. People seem to love it!
    -160 Ross is the only one I would say isn’t as walkable.
  • I would personally avoid the Hill.

So it really depends on what he prefers and budget. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

My daughter received the Spirit of Auburn University Scholarship, which is $5,000/year since we live in Alabama. She is registered to take the ACT one last time in December in hopes of moving up to the Founders Scholarship. Either way, we are so thankful and excited!

2 Likes

Thank you for the info! Our housing application will open tomorrow. We have toured The Village and The Quad. My daughters number one choice is The Village. We’ve seen pictures of the others but weren’t sure how convenient they would be as far as walking to class goes. After seeing your comment about 160 Ross, that will definitely be at the bottom of the list with this being her Freshman year.

Congrats! We are in state as well, and it looks like the top tiers were maybe increased by $500.
My daughter is registered to take the ACT in December as well in hope of bumping her superscore up just one point. Are you going to go ahead and “accept” the offer, or is it best to wait? I think my daughter’s says she has until Feb.

My daughter definitely wants to be in the Village. I’m hoping being in EA1 will put them in a good position when it comes to room selection in the Spring!

1 Like

It’s a little confusing as the portal shows a Feb 1 deadline, but if you download the terms sheet, you have until May 1. I think the Feb 1 is an application deadline and the May 1 is acceptance?? May seems more likely as you’ll need time to weigh the award against other offers.

1 Like

Thank you so much! She did go ahead and accept the offer. I am going to have Kate reach out to her advisor to see if that will affect her being considered for a merit increase if her score goes up in December. I’ll share here, when she gets a response.

We are also hoping being admitted during the first round of EA, will help her chances of getting a room in The Village too!

2 Likes

D23 got her merit email and a voicemail from her AO, which was nice.

3 Likes

How impressive! Love that personal touch.

My daughter asked her admission counselor if she would still be considered for a merit increase (if her December ACT qualifies her for more), after already accepting her current merit scholarship and this was her response:

“If we receive your updated score by January 10th the scholarship office will review re-review your scholarship decision!”

1 Like

Thanks! We also emailed the scholarship office and they said it was fine to go ahead an accept the current award. And as you mentioned, once those new tests scores are in, they will reconsider the merit offer.
I’ll be so glad when I don’t have to hear about the ACT anymore! :sweat_smile:

1 Like