Ball State University-Journalism

<p>I am new to the blog. Is there anyone out there who could give me some information about Ball State's journalism/telecommunications college? Whenever I search journalism schools the usual names come up (Columbia U, Mizzou, Northwestern, etc.), but I was wondering if Ball State is a contender.</p>

<p>Ball State is definitely a contender for the top journalism schools. It often gets looked over, since it<code>s not a big name schools like Northwestern and Columbia, but it</code>s DEFINITELY a great school. David Letterman went to Ball State. They have a few different journalism programs for print, photojournalism, internet journalism, etc. </p>

<p>It usually is mentioned among the best programs.</p>

<p>Did you attend Ball State and are you in the journalism field? Can you tell me anything else about their program? For instance, job placement for grads, their honors program, etc. I really appreciate your input.</p>

<p>Nope, sorry, just an aspiring journalist who<code>s got her heart set on going to a good journalism school. I couldn</code>t speak for much else about their program but I<code>ve researched various journalism school, and Ball State is definitely on my top 10 list. They have an esteemed journalism scholars program that makes it an even better program if your daughter can get into it. They accept 20 freshmen each year: Ball State University - News Scholars Program. Heard it</code>s a good program. </p>

<p>My sort of “mentor” is a journalist, and I think I<code>ll probably talk to him sometime this week or next, so if I do, I</code>ll be sure to ask him what he can tell me about their program. I know he`s well connected in the journalism world and probably knows someone who went there.</p>

<p>I pm’d you.</p>

<p>I would be interested in information regarding the Ball State journalism program, as well.</p>

<p>mommafrog,</p>

<p>Thank you so much for your message. Yours has been very helpful. I am unable to pm my response because I don’t have enough posts, yet. I am very excited because we are visiting Ball State next weekend. It was refreshing to hear about your experiences. I heard that BSU had a great journalism program, but nobody around here (Chicago area) seems to know anything about the school. Anyway, thanks again. If it’s ok with you, I would like to stay in touch.</p>

<p>judy5762,</p>

<p>check your email.</p>

<p>RTRMom2,</p>

<p>We went to Ball State for a visit Nov 9-10 and was very impressed. There are a ton of opportunities for internships and outside contacts through their immersive learning program. We will definitely apply there and right now, it is one of our top choices. I would recommend visiting the school. They have a lot to offer.</p>

<p>BSU definitely has a great journalism and t-comm school! I went to a workshop there during the summer, and was impressed by the facility and faculty I met. The campus is also very nice.</p>