Barnard Class of 2027 Official Thread

D23 is admitted RD:

Projected Majors: Sociology & Music - possibly taking Flute lessons at MSM, pending their acceptance.

WGPA 4.474
WNA 102.035
Submitted SAT 1570, one sitting
Class rank 3 out of 250
Attending small public STEM high school in the Atlanta Metro
16 APs plus Diff Eq and Multivariable Calc, AP seminar and research Capstone Diploma
Very strong ECs, lopsided to music, volunteer flute tutor
National (including NYO2), International and State honors
Attended EMF, BUTI YAO and BUTI Flute workshops, many masterclasses
Winner of several concerto competitions and local Flute Club Young Artists competition winner
NPRs ā€œFrom the Topā€ Fellow
Published Sociological research on underrepresentation in Classical music education and industry

7 Likes

I started a Barnard 2027 waitlist thread if anyone wants to join.

1 Like

Waitlisted :frowning:
Canadian high school, No GPA given, No class rank
Class Average 97%
10 APs, published research paper
Multiple math contest awards, school-top & gloabl honour roll
MUN for 5 yrs, school debate club exec

2 Likes

Did anyone else get waitlisted? does anyone know when they start releasing waitlist acceptances??

Covered here:

Absolutely. In the most recent year where there were published stats, >20% of applications were waitlisted, so typically a multiple of the number of RD acceptances.

I know this is not a thread for the two schools my D is debating between. But I am looking for an impartial feedback.

After a long wait my D got off the waitlist at Case Western. She also got into UPitt honors. We all were starting to make up our mind for her to go to Pitt. Now with the pleasant surprise we are back to the drawing board. Any suggestions between UPitt and Case? She wants to pursue pre-med.

If she gets off Barnardā€™s waitlist then all the debate is moot :grinning:.

Daughter just got off the waitlist at Barnard. She is over the moon. Sheā€™ll see you guys on campus in the Fall.

2 Likes

Pitt is associated with UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center), so there is an astounding amount of medical stuff going on. Also, Pitt undergrad is a reasonable path into Pitt med school.

If she were interested in engineering, Iā€™d say Case. For pre-med, Iā€™d say Pitt.

2 Likes

Did any admitted students receive an email about any new Barnard and Columbia student credentials or access to the Enrolling Student Portal yet? Barnard said they would send an email mid-May.

1 Like

i havent gotten any info yet