Barnard Waitlist 2027

Just a follow up question- so even if they aren’t gonna take anymore people off the waitlist, they won’t send out official rejections until late July? I’m just hoping they’d be courteous enough to send a rejection if they won’t take anymore off the waitlist

The email said late July or earlier, so if everything wraps up quickly, they might send something out in June. But they usually keep it open till July for the occasional student who got off a waitlist somewhere else they wanted more.

Luckily, I had great choices from the beginning but the Barnard wl was like really something that I thought was like a great opportunity to go to a school that was high on my list and I was so psyched for an historically woman’s college. Maybe a little blinded by the Ivy League proximity, but I only applied to one ivy so it was definitely not just that. So I stayed on, but following this thread and realizing I had higher sats (1540) and higher gpa than people who were getting off the waitlist before me, I had to conclude that what they wanted was not the highest stats but a fit into a niche that I did not offer. And, yes, I am full pay so it was not that. I committed to a higher ranked co-ed liberal arts college and the longer I thought about Barnard the less it seemed right for me so I’m glad it took too long for a niche to open. I withdrew my waitlist a while back and I could not be happier.

6 Likes

I called admissions yesterday and they told me to expect a call at your specified time either today or tomorrow! Good luck 🫶🏼 I haven’t received a call yet but I’m excited to see what they say

2 Likes

Are you worried about financial aid or no?

Has anyone who got the email heard anything?

No not yet. Maybe we’ll hear something on Monday? I mean they wouldn’t send out that email to just anyone so we probably should just wait

I am ngl but I guess we’ll see.

Yeah, but I do find it strange that the previous rounds they sent out the email a day before calling or even the day of and there is still no news for this round of emails.

1 Like

It is kinda odd ngl. Like by now people should have chosen whether they were accepting their spot of the waitlist or not. Not to mention it seems like they are diving deep into their waitlist if there are 3 rounds of people getting the email

1 Like

Someone ik called admissions and they said to definitely expect a call today 🫶🏼. I called admissions the day I got the email and they also told me to expect a call by Thursday or Friday

1 Like

Thank you!

How did the phone call go?

has anyone who got off of the waitlist recieved their barnard credentials yet?

I just got a call!
From my AO, Virginia Hart, offering admission about 20 mins ago. It went as previous students had described. I’m so excited lol. I guess this means they’ve begun calling so everyone who got the form email this week should get a call today.

Did you receive an email letting you know or did they just call?

I also just got my call to give me news on my admission!

They just called and they didn’t send another email

Me too! Congratulations I hope to see you in the fall!

1 Like

Yup, didn’t send an email just called.