Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

So DS hasn’t been accepted, but he did get an invitation to attend Distinguished Scholars Day two days later.

Yes, I think some people get an invitation to Distinguished Scholars if they meet criteria and it’s worth about $3,000 a year.
There is also Invitation to Excellence, which is for $5k-$20k, but you have to meet the criteria for that, and I don’t believe invitations for that have gone out yet. It’s all on their website.

But should we assume that means he is going to be accepted?

i think so!

Are they currently sending out rejections, or is it just acceptances and they send out the rejections in January?

My son was invited to attend DS day before he was accepted. I have heard from a friend that Baylor very much wants to see if you come and visit before you get accepted. I don’t know how true that is. He went to DS day on a Monday and got accepted on a Friday.

I have a question… I applied EA on Aug 3rd, but my application was not complete until September 6th. I requested two letters of recommendation through goBaylor, but only one has been received. Could it be I haven’t gotten a decision because they are waiting on that letter? Or does it just not matter at this point?

Mine wasn’t complete until my letters were submitted. I assume because I requested them through the gobaylor app that it flagged my application incomplete even though the letters are optional. I got my acceptance Oct 13 and I believe my application was marked complete around the 21st of September.

2 Likes

I think its not the optional recommendation letter that is the hold up. D24 applied mid August and her file was complete September 1, and we are still waiting too. They’ve sent the same email 15 times asking which scholarship programs she is applying to, and many communications about being a legacy, but we are still waiting for an acceptance. To be honest, between this and the fact that Baylor doesn’t have recruiting events in Houston (everything is in Katy or The Woodlands or we get an email that an AO is in our area and the closest appointment is Austin), its kind of killing the buzz for Baylor a bit.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I really do hope he gets accepted before we show up in two weeks. At least we’ve now added on TAMU, but this is still a real haul (coming from DC) on short notice.

On the plus side, I’ve never been to Texas before, so at least I get to cross that off my list.

1 Like

If you’re coming, you can always look at TCU too. It’s a beautiful school as well.

Sorry to hear, but glad I’m not alone in the extended waiting. Yes I’ve also received the same scholarship email numerous times, each time I get disappointed thinking it’s a decision. Did your D24 use goBaylor to apply? I’ve heard from other students that people who apply with common App and ApplyTexas are hearing back exceptionally faster than those who used goBaylor…

My D24 used the Common App. She applied ED on 8/16 and got her acceptance on 10/5. Hang in there because they seem to release decisions in batches from what I can tell from previous years. My best advice for now is to do as much as you can to show interest. We attended every virtual session offered and did an in person visit. Good luck!

1 Like

I thought about it! But I think we’re just going to stick to the two.

Common App here. She attended all the virtual events and a ‘local’ (but still an hour away in no traffic) one at a movie theater where they showed the episode of The College Tour. She submitted her honors application over a month ago…

Oh well, I mean, we’d still be paying the housing deposits at the two schools we already deposited since Baylor went to not releasing their scholarships until late January. They can run their school however they wish, but eliminating the automatic scholarship tables and making everything a black box with delayed notification is a definite down side to Baylor vs. a few years ago. I also think it was a mistake to recently start calling every merit award “Distinguished Scholarship” instead of having distinct tiers. Having named scholarships that people can drop on resumes is a nice marketing point for many of their competitors.

Exactly. Baylor is a good school but they shud keep their act more open and transparent. For now, it appears like they are making it more difficult for students to take an informative decision.

I think that’s absolutely crazy that they seem to be making people jump through hoops to show interest, when others have gotten accepted without lifting a finger. I get yield protection but it sounds like a legacy is far more likely attend than my daughter who is OOS. And it did seem rather confusing, all the different scholarship options and programs to apply for…

Does anyone know anything about when they’ll be sending out acceptances next?

In previous years it was Friday nights, but it seems to be Thursdays this year ?
:woman_shrugging:

So tonight DS got an email tonight encouraging him to apply to Baylor Accelerate. Is that something they send out to everyone?

2 Likes