Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

Hi! Our S24 has applied EA and has not received acceptance yet but did get email about Baylor Accelerate? Has anyone signed up for this? Deadline is tomorrow. He would like to do it if he gets accepted. Why would this be sent to him if he has not received acceptance yet? Thank you!

That’s what I want to know! Tell me if you find out!

1 Like

I definitely will. Funny we posted the same time!

I think they send them once you’ve expressed interest and/or applied. I started getting the email to apply to Baylor Accelerate back when I added them to colleges I was interested in on Naviance last year. I continued to get them over the summer and I just got it again a couple days ago as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. I would think you would receive an email like that after being accepted, not before. If you sign up but then do not get accepted why would you take classes through them?

I’m not sure :thinking: I just looked back at my emails
it’s the same one that I’ve been getting every so often. The only difference it now says, “you’ve already been accepted, but you can get a jump start

” I got my acceptance back on 10/13.
Maybe they figure the credit will transfer if you don’t end up at Baylor, or maybe they also use those grades to help make a decision on a future applicant?

2 Likes

I agree. Do you think that means to expect an acceptance?

1 Like

Part of me wonders if they’re using Accelerate to gauge interest from people they haven’t yet accepted, much like the Distinguished Scholars invitation. Interestingly enough, there was no email to us about it, but there is a form to express interest in attending Invitation to Excellence, right on GoBaylor. My daughter did that before she was accepted.

2 Likes

OK, so when D24 applied via Common App, she did not receive any email to activate her goBaylor account. We waited over a week and it never came. Eventually we contacted our AO, who said it was sent, but she fixed it and D24 finally logged in.

I just realized that D24 also got the “You’ve been accepted
” version of the Accelerate email, and had her logged in, and she was accepted? It must have been sometime after October 20, but she absolutely did not receive any email telling her to check the portal. I spent an hour checking her spam folder, checking to see if she had any filters or weird rules, searching mail/spam/trash, and she just absolutely did not receive the email notification.

So it would be much appreciated if you all post here when notifications get posted, because something is wrong, and for some reason we do not receive any of these goBaylor notifications.

That is odd! It actually says right on the top of the GOBaylor page, when my daughter logs in, “You’re accepted,” with fireworks. Does it not say that on your daughters’? I’m not sure if we received an email but the way we knew to check was because we got a notification here, when other people started receiving their acceptances.

My son got an email 10/12 that said “We’ve got a special message for you” and said to log in. Then 10 days later, he got an email from the admissions counselor that said “Congratulations on your acceptance to Baylor!” urging to pay deposit.

Yeah, we have the fireworks, but did not get any message telling us to log in. But we also never got the original goBaylor set up email.

We do get the Accelerate/Scholarship/Zoom/General admissions emails, there’s a specific issue with the ones related to the portal itself. :woman_shrugging:

Does Baylor send a fancy envelope by mail with stickers and other swag?

I have not gotten anything in the mail yet as far as I’ve seen, and she was accepted 10/13. I think we did get a few congratulations emails, though. I would be concerned if you’re not getting all the emails meant to go to accepted students.

Any chance that some decisions will come out tonight? I think I’ve seen in past years that decisions come out November 1st.

1 Like

DS just got accepted this evening! FWIW, I had written earlier because he had gotten invited to Distinguished Scholars Day last week and the Accelerate program last night so we were anxiously hopeful it meant he was in, but very very happy he now has the acceptance in hand.

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! Did you sign up for the accelerated program?

I’ll admit I didn’t entirely understand it - doesn’t he need to be taking his high school classes? If the benefit is just knocking out some classes he would otherwise take once at Baylor, I don’t think he will be interested.

Our daughter appied ED to Baylor on October 1, 2023 and was wondering how long it took for your students to get an acceptance email from Baylor. Her application in the Go Baylor says complete? Just anxiously waiting.

My daughter applied ED on 8/16 and got her acceptance on 10/5, so about 7 weeks later. Good luck to your daughter!

3 Likes

Thank you for your response and Congratulations to your daughter!