Beat Place to Stay for Visit

<p>Hi all, we have a tour and full day scheduled at Bama on 8/26. Need a very close place to stay the night of 8/25. Any good suggestions? TIA</p>

<p>Of course that should say BEST place to stay not “beat!” Lol</p>

<p>We just stayed at the Hotel Capstone, which is on campus nr the Paul Bryant Museum. Convenient and very pleasant, I would definitely recommend it.</p>

<p>We’ve stayed at the courtyard, Fairfield, wingate, and Hampton inn. All were good. We prefer courtyard. All about 10 minutes from campus.</p>

<p>Thank you both for your responses! I like the idea of staying on campus if we can. I will look into it.</p>

<p>I believe that the Courtyard was renovated fairly recently. Last time I stayed there, there was a small laundry facility which was very handy.</p>

<p>We have stayed at the Hotel Capstone and the Hampton Inn on Harper Lee. Both are very nice!</p>

<p>The only place I’ve stayed (so far) is the Wingate out on the Interstate. It was decent. If I had time to plan and get a good rate, I’d stay closer to campus, but it’s a clean and safe choice.</p>

<p>We’ve only stayed at the Hotel Capstone so far (3x) and really like it. The convenience of location can’t be beat. We haven’t gotten clubbed yet with a crazy rate either. We’re paying $115 a night for move-in weekend and $125 a night for Parent weekend. The little extra cost is worth it for us since we almost never had to use the car except to go to dinner. I’ve heard that the Football weekends can be crazy high priced. Although when we went for the Honors visit November 2012 and weekend of a football game we paid $125 two nights and $150 for another. Coming from New York those rates seemed really reasonable.</p>

<p>We like the Hampton on Harper Lee (although lately I see they are doing a bit of location-based price-gouging when compared to the Hampton on Interstate Drive in Cottondale). I guess it really is location, location, location eh? All the Hampton properties we have stayed in (including BHM) have been very good.</p>

<p>In addition to the Hampton Inn on Harper Lee, we have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and the Country Inn & Suites. All three were nice and clean and offer free breakfasts. The Hampton is practically adjacent to campus and the Holiday Inn about 5 minutes away. As a bonus, the Holiday Inn is across the street from a shopping mall and Target. The Country Inn is down near the Interstate (no more the 10-15 minutes to campus) and close to the Walmart. </p>

<p>We will be at the Holiday Inn next week for move-in, it was cheaper than the Hampton when I made reservations a couple months ago.</p>

<p>Thank you all! I booked the Capstone for $115. Looking forward.</p>