Berkeley to San Diego Transfer?

<p>Hey guys.</p>

<p>So my situation is, I was an ELC student in hs (not sure if that matters, but I think they said something about it on some website), my current major is Engineering - Undeclared, I’m taking 13 units right now (Math 53, Chem 1A, and Engineering 10, plus 2 seminars) and I will be taking more than 13 (Math 54, Physics 7A, Engineering 7, and possibly something else) next semester. I’m hoping to transfer to UCSD (not sure what major) as a sophomore. I know I want to do something in either engineering or sciences (possibly pre-med).</p>

<p>So, a few questions: first of all, is it possible to transfer as a sophomore? What kind of GPA would I need to do this? Would they be lenient in this area, considering that I’m a Berkeley engineering student? Which majors would be best to apply to in order to maximize my chances, and is this worth doing if I plan to switch majors anyways? What kind of factors besides GPA are considered for transfer applicants? And finally, I know they give A LOT of priority to JC junior transfers…how easy/hard are they on UC-UC transfers?</p>

<p>Thank you for your time!</p>

<p>WHATT WHY ARE YOU TRANSFERING FROM BERKELEY!?!?!?!</p>

<p>Are you mad?</p>

<p>Interesting, yeah, why exactly do you want to transfer to San Diego?</p>

<p>pre-med is definitely better at SD than berkeley guys</p>

<p>uh premed is not better at SD.</p>

<p>Maybe he actually doesn't want to get weeded out of premed.</p>

<p>Maybe he just doesn't like Berkeley: it isn't a good fit for everyone. Someone who wants to go to UCSD is seeking the opposite environment of Berkeley. In any case, to answer the question: UC's do not accept sophomore transfers. You have to wait until you are a junior. If you are going to change your major from engineering, do it now and get out at the semester break. It is too hard a major to be in if your heart isn't in it and getting lower grades will not help you if you intend to apply to med school later. If money isn't an issue, you can consider trying to get into USC's pre-med five year program. They do take sophomore transfers. Good luck.</p>