Best and worst about University of Miami

<p>I am a senior in high school and I am going to attend U of Miami next year as a freshman. When I first applied to the U of M I didn’t really consider even going there. I just applied so I had more schools I applied to. But then I looked more into it and visited the campus. In the past decade or so, it has been considered an average school with a semi-bad reputation due to their football scandals etc. But now the president of the school Donna Shalala I believe pretty much changed the whole school. Now in US magazine top 50 undergraduate schools it ranks 38th. I am planning on doing business and from what I can gather their business school is great, as far as internships and job opportunities in the city and also academics. Also they have Toppel Career Center which guides you every step of the way in building your resume and attracting job offers. The Toppel Center has more internships available than they do people applying for them. Also, they have companies who come to the UM looking for people who want internships and jobs and will only take UM students, they don’t look anywhere else. Also the weather is fantastic and its in a great neighborhood with a 5 minute tram ride from campus to Miami beach. Sports are great there too. However there is a huge scandal going on right now which will most likely have some consequences in the future for Miami but I don’t know when or what they will be.</p>

<p>What scandal is “going on right now”?</p>

<p>He’s referring to the Nevin Shapiro situation, of which the NCAA punishment is still unresolved.</p>

<p>That’s so 22 million seconds ago…</p>

<p>@Nihonyogo Could you please elaborate on how you “managed to get them to fork over a lot in grants”?? I’m applying to UM as a transfer student. Pretty confident about being admitted, but a bit more concerned about it financially. I am counting on getting good scholarships/grants to pay for it since I don’t have any other financial support.</p>

<p>Thank you</p>