Best place to buy a mattress set

<p>DD is living at The Lofts this year and we are moving her in on August 15, driving 10 hours from NC. We need to buy her a mattress set but can’t figure out the best way to do this. We don’t want to buy it here and then have to haul a rental trailer all that way, so that’s out. We are afraid that if we wait until we arrive on August 15th we will find mattress stores devoid of stock or having stock that they jack up the prices on because of high demand that weekend. We were in our local Mattress Firm, the only chain here that also has a location in Tuscaloosa, and the salesgirl called the Tuscaloosa location and said it would be no problem for us to put the order in locally here and they would have the set in Tuscaloosa waiting for us. However, Mattress Firm has an F rating on BBB and I’ve never seen so many one star reviews of a national business in my life. The local mattress stores in Tuscaloosa get A ratings. Has anybody bought a mattress in T-Town on move-in weekend? I do not want to leave DD there without a bed! I’m actually starting to lose sleep worrying about the best way to handle. Thanks!</p>

<p>I seriously doubt you would encounter a problem. If you do, you could always pick one up at Sams Club. I would pass on the other store you mentioned.</p>

<p>There will be plenty of mattresses for sale. I would suggest Sam’s Club or Costco. You can rent a pickup from Enterprise if needed.</p>

<p>There are no mattresses at the Lofts?</p>

<p>We’re bringing my husband’s pickup so picking one up ourselves isn’t a problem. We are just concerned about stock at such a busy time. The Lofts has furnished living rooms, but bedroom furnishing packages are an extra monthly fee. We had agreed to buy her her own bed and desk rather than go with the rental furnishings for her room. We are Costco members so I guess we’ll head back toward Hoover to pick one up and keep our fingers crossed that they will have them. Thanks, everyone.</p>

<p>Right, I forgot about that. We chose to rent the bedroom furniture. I think it was like $25 a month, so total cost for the year is much less than buying, and no shopping hassles.</p>

<p>It would be much easier to buy at Sams. I think they have delivery.</p>

<p>You can add a child to Sams membership for about 15 a year. </p>

<p>Costco and Sams may let you order online…so you dont have to head back to Hoover.</p>

<p>Sams has a special on mattresses right now.</p>

<p>If you already have a secondary person on a Sam’s Club membership you cannot add anyone else. You need to purchase a second membership at full cost. </p>

<p>Sam’s will deliver a mattress that you buy in the store but you need to make arrangements in the store at least a week in advance. There’s a $60 charge to deliver locally to the door and around $100 to bring it in the home. </p>

<p>My daughter moved into an unfurnished house last year and needed a new bed. I ordered her one from Walmart -it is a foam mattress so no boxspring is necessary. I think it was a spa sensations(12 inches?) if I remember right. You do need to buy the special frame for these types of beds and I think they run about 70 dollars and the bed was under 300 if I remember right. It was all delivered right to her door for free and she had no problem setting it up herself. It came really fast (2 days) so don’t order too far in advance. She has gal friends sleep over quite often from other universities and she says everyone LOVES this mattress. In fact just yesterday she wanted all the info again to give to a friend.<br>
I was concerned that the bed would sit too low without a box spring but it is the correct height. She made a foam headboard and stapled on a fabric to go with her bedspread. Looks great from the pics I’ve seen! I haven’t had the chance to visit her at her place this past year, but am going there this Wednesday. It’s been a crazy busy year!!</p>

<p>Oh and since there is a huge art fair going on and no hotel rooms are available I will be sleeping on the above mattress. Can let you know Thursday what I thought of it!</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.walmart.com/ip/Signature-Sleep-Memoir-12-Memory-Foam-Mattress/16481176”>http://www.walmart.com/ip/Signature-Sleep-Memoir-12-Memory-Foam-Mattress/16481176&lt;/a&gt;
<a href=“http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-Sensations-Steel-Smart-Base-Bed-Frame-Black-Multiple-Sizes/15739163”>http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-Sensations-Steel-Smart-Base-Bed-Frame-Black-Multiple-Sizes/15739163&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<br>

<br>

<p>Sam’s will deliver a mattress that you buy in the store but you need to make arrangements in the store at least a week in advance. There’s a $60 charge to deliver locally to the door and around $100 to bring it in the home.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>I have my H, me and my son on my Sams Club. They charged a minimum amount to add my son…I think it was a student rate.</p>

<p>I do have a business membership, so maybe rules are different.</p>

<p>Bedzz Express- </p>

<p>Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I feel so much better about waiting until we get there to address the purchase. That WalMart memory foam option is an interesting one. However, DD has been in the same twin bed at home since she was 2 and I think we will get her a new and bigger bed that will stay with her for awhile. She has been warned, however, of the hassles of perhaps having to store and move it several times during these next few years!</p>