Furniture stores in or near Tuscaloosa

<p>Question for anyone who has had to get furniture for an apartment - any recommendations for furniture stores in/near Tuscaloosa? Where did you get your furniture? Looking for options for furnishing a 2-bedroom condo. Nothing fancy, but not complete garbage either, and preferably requiring little to no assembly since our time there will be limited.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>There are some good suggestions here <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1424989-furniture-shopping.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1424989-furniture-shopping.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Thanks, I don’t know why that thread didn’t come up in my forum search! </p>

<p>Furniture shopping from out of state is probably going to be more of a hassle than actually buying the place was LOL.</p>

<p>We went to Ashley Furniture when we were in Tuscaloosa for spring break. They sell combo packages for a fixed price. For example we got a couch, love-seat, rug, three tables a throw, and a 5 piece accessory set for $1,200. It’s not forever furniture but it will be just fine for three years and maybe beyond. PM me if you have additional questions.</p>

<p>Check that- husband says we paid $999 for the living room set.</p>

<p>also, look at Sams Club. they have sofas, mattresses, desks, tables, chairs, etc. </p>

<p>Is your condo near mine? :)</p>

<p>M2ck - not far. :slight_smile: DH wanted to be in walking distance to the stadium/school so we had to look a little closer than where you are.</p>

<p>Quick update - we did find the living room sets that Sniner mentioned at our local Ashley, and there was one set we really liked. I need to speak with someone at the Tuscaloosa Ashley to see if we can make the logistics work though.</p>

<p>For everything else, I think I am going to use Addison Criswell at Already Furnished. (a recommendation from idinct on a different thread) I spoke with him this morning and it seems like a fabulous service. He is a former real estate rental agent so he is familiar with all of the complexes and has relationships with the onsite managers. It sounds like he will send pictures and info via email of groupings based on our complex and model (so everything will fit), and we will decide what we want. Then he will actually deliver and set everything up so it is waiting for us when we get down there! If there are any problems we can deal with it when we get there. </p>

<p>I will keep everyone posted on how it goes. If this works the way Addison explained it, it will be extremely convenient for out of staters who need to furnish apartments. Good for him for identifying a need and meeting it - hope he has a lot of success!</p>

<p>Yes, it was great to arrive after a 19 hour drive and have everything set up and waiting for S. No building or trying to fit things in the car.</p>