Furniture & mattress stores

<p>S will be moving into an unfurnished condo. Does anyone have names of good, reasonable furniture and/or mattress stores that deliver. I was thinking of Walmart or Target, but I don’t want to have to build it. I know you can rent, but he’ll be off campus for 3 years, so might be worth buying bedroom furniture. I’ve used 1800mattres up here, not sure if they deliver to T-town. Any ideas?</p>

<p>We’ve had good luck with buying mattresses at Sams Club.</p>

<p>this store is in Midtown Village…don’t know all that they have…</p>

<p>[Kirkland’s:</a> Furniture, Tables, Storage, Seating, Accent](<a href=“System Error | Kirkland's Home”>Furniture | Home Furniture | Kirklands Home)</p>

<p>We purchased Ds mattress at United Wholesale Furniture.</p>

<p>It fit in our car so Im not sure about delivery. They had some nice priced furniture (think Big Lots). At around the same price points. FYI: I don’t think Big Lots is back in the area yet; the store was destroyed in the toronado last year.</p>

<p>There is also Spiller furniture.</p>

<p>We ordered mattress and box springs from Sears. Good price and it included the frame, set up and taking the packing away.</p>

<p>For furniture, try craigslist. Graduating students will be selling a lot of their furniture before they move out of their apartments. </p>

<p>As for a mattress, it depends on the size and type of mattress one wants. Sam’s Club has a good selection both in-club and online and offers delivery if needed. If you need to move a lot of stuff, Enterprise does rent pickup trucks. The Costco in Hoover would also be an option if you have a vehicle and straps/bungee cords to transport a mattress.</p>

<p>Thanks for the suggestions. If I can purchase a mattress and arrange delivery prior, that would work. I’ll look into SAMs club and Sears. Other furniture might have to be put together and/or found somewhere around town.</p>

<p>I was thinking of driving down Sat/sun prior to classes and staying over Sun/Mon nights before classes start and arriving after dorm move-ins. Downside is that most T-town stores will be out of necessities and there may be fraternity activities. Bookstore will also be packed but he can preorder. Would like to limit trip to 2 days off. I’ll be flying back.</p>

<p>ldinct,</p>

<p>I would think your son would be able to get some help from some of the fraternity guys!
It just seems that quite a few young men at Bama drive big trucks! Then you wouldn’t have to worry about delivery!</p>