Best place to live off-campus?

<p>Hello!
So my roommie and I had planned to stay on campus for the upcoming year...sadly, the housing lottery made that impossible. Now we're scrambling around and trying to find good, affordable (and last minute) off campus housing. Can anyone give me some input on the best (or better) apartment complexes in Blacksburg? It would be greatly appreciated, as we are trying to decide where to go for tours. Thanks! :)</p>

<p>BTW, we are mostly looking at The Village, Foxridge, possibly Smith's Landing, and a few others...Any opinion on them, good or bad?</p>

<p>Check out the Housing fair in Squires on the 9th! That should help…plus last year, there was free stuff haha.</p>

<p>Smith’s Landing is the nicest and the newest, but consequently more expensive. It is REALLY nice though, if you think it’s worth the money.</p>

<p>Foxridge isn’t that bad. The fact they include so much with rent is a nice deal (only thing not included is electricty and cable/internet). It also has newer carpet and flooring in some units.</p>

<p>I had pretty terrible experiences with The Village. It’s pretty expensive for what you get either way. The location is alright though. Foxridge is nice but the location isn’t since it’s kind of far away from campus. The complex across the street from The Village is alright too.</p>

<p>If you’re patient and want the best apartment for your money you actually have to wait. All of the individual leases (ie: not big housing complexes) start popping up in March or so, although you can already find some on Craigslist. It’s more stressful, sure, but you’re going to get a better apartment for less money, likely in a better location.</p>