BFA at Molloy College/CAP 21

@MTMOM17 - While they accept electronic auditions, I would consider it a last resort. I suspect that an electronic audition may be looked at last - they can’t put it off at Unifieds and on-campus auditions; but they have to make the time to look at the electronic ones. I’m not suggesting your chances are worse, but I think it might take longer to hear back.
Re financial aid: Molloy is very generous. That being said, there are some people who won’t accept work study, or who don’t want their child to have student loans, etc. Everyone’s situation is different.

Thank you @EastchesterMom, I appreciate your response! I’m happy to hear they are generous. Maybe we can look at visiting Molloy while we are in NY for Unifieds, but I’m not sure when we could fit it in.

@MTMOM17 - I take it that Molloy/CAP21 is not going to be at NY Unifieds? Makes sense that they wouldn’t. …although when my D was going through this, SUNY Purchase was at NY Unifieds. I suggest that you try to get an on-campus audition as long as you’re coming here! Even if you have to stay an extra day, it’s worth it.

@EastchesterMom, Molloy isn’t going to Unifieds this year. I’ll see if I can change our airfare to fit in a visit!

@MTMOM17 Molloy/Cap21 has auditions on Jan 20 the same time as Unifieds in NY. The audition is at the Manhattan Studio, not on the Long Island campus, if you have time to fit that in your schedule when you are there for Unifieds.

thank you @waitingforlife!! I didn’t know that! She is booked on Saturday (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) so I wonder if it’s possible to fit them in?

@mtmom17, it probably depends a lot on if both of those schools have dance calls and the timing of each. But worth checking into. Good Luck.

@MTMOM17 - Molloy is going to Chicago and LA Unifieds, and a bunch of other venues, too.

Hi @EastchesterMom You are my go-to person for the CAP21 program and I have a question for you. Any idea if they do summer intensives for current college students (not already in their program, obviously)? The old CAP21 used to offer all sorts or training, but not sure if that’s still the case now that it’s under Molloy.

@daughtersdreams - No, the college maintained only the CAP21 BFA program.

@EastchesterMom keep us updated this semester on the showcases, and job opportunities and other things that come up. I am looking forward to seeing the success rate from this years Sr Class. Hoping it gives me a good idea of what to expect down the road. ( I am enjoying the “Empty Nest” and hoping not to have one living in the basement in 2.5 years!!! LOL )

@mtandsbdad - On Sunday, D and other Class Ones will appear in the “Dream is a Wish” Princess concert in Philadelphia. She’ll be coming home on Monday, and then there’s only one semester left to go! It will be a busy one - Showcase is in April!!!

@collegemom2000 - welcome to the Molloy/CAP21 thread! BAL, BAL to your D on her upcoming audition. To know us is to love us!

BAL, BAL to everyone at NY Unifieds this weekend, and especially to those auditioning at Molloy/CAP 21’s Manhattan Center!!!

We were there @EastchesterMom!! Fingers crossed!!!

@MTMOM17 - how did it go? Others may benefit from your experience.

Thank you everyone for all the amazing information on this thread! We are just starting this grueling audition process. But thanks to this thread, we have added an audition for Molloy/CAP21 to our schedule at Chicago Unifieds! :slight_smile:

Go for it, @JavaJo ! BAL!

@EastchesterMom she had a great experience!! She thinks it went well (but I guess you can never really tell). Robin was super nice!!! Our fingers and toes are crossed tightly!!!

Silly autocorrect changed her name from Rebecca to Robin. No clue why??