BFA at Molloy College/CAP 21

I sure hope so, @CentralOHmomof4 - showcase is this week and I’m a wreck!

Break Legs @EastchesterMom !!!

Hi - new to this site; my daughter just got accepted to the Molloy CAP 21 BFA Musical Theater program - does any one know how large or small that class is? How many are accepted?

@samson1 - per an earlier post, the goal for the class is 32 and then they split them into 2 cohorts. Class of 2021 started at 34.

Congrats and welcome, @samson1!

@samson1 We just visited on Monday, and Rebecca said as @waitingforlife noted that the goal is 32. They may start with 36 as they anticipate that there will be a small amount of attrition from the class which generally happens when kids decide the major isn’t for them.

@speezagmom - thank you so much for your response - extremely helpful!!

@speezagmom - thank you so much for your response - extremely helpful!!

Thank you @EastchesterMom, @waitingforlife - my daughter has narrowed down to 3 schools and Molloy was always on her top; we the acceptance so late in the mail - so we still need to visit - I’m so thankful for this forum!

@samson1 - if you can get here this weekend, you’re in for a treat: the Senior Showcase for the public is Saturday and Sunday! The open house for the brand-new CAP21 studios is Monday, 6 to 8 p.m. at 50 Broadway, Manhattan.

@EastchesterMom oh Wow!! I wish we could - we live in CA so might be a challenge to book a flight at this point - but we are thinking of going during the week next week to hopefully sit in on classes and take a tour; BUT you are right seems this weekend would be most ideal - thank you for sharing the info - will look into it!!

@samson1 - let Rebecca know when you are coming so she can set something up for you.

@samson1 - there is a Facebook group for accepted students if your D hasn’t already joined that is a good place for her to be able to ask questions of current students and also connect with her potential classmates. Tell her to search for Molloy/cap21 class of '22 accepted students.

@samson1 Virgin Airlines runs some good red eye flights from LAX to JFK. We have one in college in Cal, and one in NYC… We have made that flight a time or two when they both had events at the same time.

I’m too tired to write up the final decision posting tonight, but I had to tell all the fantastic Molloy parents that S officially committed today! Happy to be joining the family.

Congratulations @speezagmom !

Yay!!! So excited for you and your S @speezagmom !! Can’t wait to read your final decision thread! :). Congratulations!

Congratulations, @speezagmom and S! Welcome to the Molloy/CAP21 family!

@speezagmom - congratulations!

UPDATE - The public performances of the Senior Showcase were this weekend - and what a show it was! So polished; so professional - Class One is so ready!!! I fought against tears and lost! Afterward, there was a joyous celebration with cake and prosecco, and Henry Fonte gave a speech. Now for Tuesday, when there will be two shows for the industry pros only. My stomach is in a knot, but the kids are calm, cool and collected. BAL, BAL Class One!!!