BFA at Molloy College/CAP 21

Welcome and congratulations, @samson1 and @speezagmom !! Judging from my D’s (current freshman) experience, you will not regret it!!

FURTHER UPDATE: The CAP21 studios are brand-new and gorgeous! Lots of space, and clean! Those of you who remember the old space on 18th Street, you won’t believe it - although it had that lived-in, shabby-actor-chic vibe. I almost feel bad that D is graduating!

@EastchesterMom - the studios are incredible. We are so excited to have S study there. BAL to your D on the industry professional showcase tomorrow! Keep us posted on how it goes.

Is anyone interested in joining a Facebook Parent Group for class of 2022? Whilst this thread has been invaluable for learning about the program (thank you everyone for your insights), it’s very public. A Facebook group would give a little more privacy for those of us that are moving forward as parents of the class of 2022 BFA MT.

@ukcalmom - you should! We Class of 2018 parents did.

I think that’s a great idea @ukcalmom !

Yes please!

Facebook parent group: Molloy/CAP21 Parents 2022

Kids have their own group at: Molloy/CAP21 Class Of ‘22 Accepted Students!!

Any of you trailblazer parents that would like to join the group…please do…your continued advise is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: The Senior Showcase for industry professionals is now in the books! We are coasting to graduation in 4 weeks!!! As a special send-off for the very special Class One, many in the class (including D) will put on a concert in Manhattan on graduation night…details to follow!!

Congrats @EastchesterMom! Amazing to think that 4 years that we’re just going to start is now over for you. I bet it flew by. I hope the showcase was well attended and all the kids have great success!

Congratulations @EastchesterMom on your D’s amazing accomplishment! Enjoy the last 4 weeks!

@speezagmom - I haven’t heard from D, but the advance word was that everybody who is anybody was going to be there for one of the two industry shows. They all wanted to see CAP21’s latest products. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating! (Now who said that??) To be honest, we don’t expect much to happen right away. The point is to be SEEN. The Class was thoroughly prepared for this; everybody had to order headshots and make envelopes to give to each bigwig containing a headshot, resume, contact info, etc. Class Two, get ready - it’s your turn next, and it will be here before you know it.

To the Molloy/CAP21 Class of 2022: it has been confirmed by a very reliable source that approximately 1,000 kids auditioned for the 32 spots in your class. You are very fortunate, indeed. We. Have. Arrived!!!

So exciting! We just submitted our deposit - we are officially joining the Molloy/CAP21 family!!!
I will post in the final decision thread also, but just wanted to let all you wonderful people know first. :wink: A huge thanks to all you trailblazing parents on this thread that have poured your hearts and souls into providing great information about this amazing program! We would not have known about it had I not stumbled upon this thread. So THANK YOU!!

Yay! Congrats @JavaJo !

Congrats @JavaJo!

Congratulations and welcome to the family, @JavaJo!

Just popping in to let you all know that I posted S final decision. Thank you @EastchesterMom and @CentralOHmomof4 for all your help during this process. Wagner was his final decision, but it was a REALLY tough decision between 3 (almost 4) programs. Truly you’re generous time was invaluable!

Best of luck to your S, @#booknerdmom!

Congratulations to Molloy/CAP21 class of 2022-So exciting to read all of your stories! D is finishing up her freshmen year and tells me often that she is so glad that she is where she was meant to be.

@EastchesterMom - congratulations to you & D! My D saw the showcase twice(worked the industry one) and told me it was even better on Tuesday! Thank you again for your wealth of information these past few years. I’m beyond grateful that you shared your journey on here and wish much success to your D!