BFA at Molloy College/CAP 21

@cgcparent - Yes the dance classes are leveled based on ability. Sometimes they have 2 levels and sometimes 3 levels. I believe it depends on a variety of factors included teacher/space availability as well as what other classes are being taught that semester.

Thanks! @waitingforlife

@cgcparent they are leveled. But it doesnā€™t matter what level you child gets put into. They are getting awesome instruction from excellent and experienced teachers. A lot of kids ( even mine - who did not go in as a dancer ) have developed a love for dance, and it usually becomes their favorite part of the experience.

@speezagmom - I emailed Henry Fonte about your suggestion. I have not heard back from him yet, unfortunately.

@EastchesterMom I havenā€™t contacted him. I wonder if Rebecca (busy lady!) or Aimee would be the one to suggest this to. She seems to be the one that posts stuff on facebook on the prospective student page. Iā€™ll get a message to Rebecca since sheā€™s the one I have had the most contact with.

Good idea, @speezagmom! Hopefully she can squeeze this in before audition season gets roaring.

Happy New Year, Molloy parents! Can someone tell me if academic acceptance comes prior to or along with artistic acceptance? My S auditioned in the fall and is waiting ā€œpatientlyā€ until decisions come out in the Spring. Will he receive an academic decision before then? Thanks!

@FlaMTmom - my D auditioned so late (March) that the academic and artistic acceptances were simultaneous, so I canā€™t help you there. Break a leg to your S!!

For those who want to apply, this from the Molloy/CAP21 FB page:

Molloy College/CAP21 Theatre Arts BFA Program - Prospective Students
22 hrs Ā·
Musical Theatre BFA auditions are underway for fall 2019 admission! Molloy/CAP21 will be holding auditions in New York on the following dates:
January 19th
January 26th
February 2nd
February 16th
February 20th
We will also be attending Chicago and Los Angeles Unifieds. Prospective students should apply ASAP to Molloy College either via the Common App or online at https://apply.molloy.edu/ - Already applied but have not yet received a link to set up your departmental audition? Make sure that your high school guidance counselor has sent your transcript to Molloy and that your SAT and/or ACT scores have been released to Molloy by the College Board.
Questions? Email Rebecca Overton, Theatre Arts Recruitment Coordinator, at roverton@molloy.edu!

@FlaMTmom My S auditioned as a walk-in at Chicago unifieds and applied immediately after his audition. We received the academic and artistic acceptances simultaneously as well. Probably not much help on acceptance order either. You could contact the admissions office and ask them. In our experience, they are nice and helpful people. On artistic acceptance timing - in case youā€™re interested, last year, it seems like acceptances started around March 1st, but some were not notified until around April 7th. As I read CC every day and watched for people talking about acceptances I noticed a theme with the the acceptances from Molloy/CAP21. Of course, this group is a small sample so this could be me reading something where there is nothing - but it seemed like the boys received their offers earlier and then the girls after that. I have no idea if that is truly what they do or not - just what it looked like reading the posts here. (Maybe because there are fewer boys in the mix?) Additionally, unless they change something this year, the acceptance comes via snail mail so you might start hearing about people getting their packages and be a couple of days or a week behind just because of mail delays.

Thank you, @EastchesterMom and @speezagmom. We were confused because my sonā€™s admissions counselor told him in mid-November that his file was complete and that he would receive a decision in about a month. Iā€™m guessing he just wasnā€™t thinking about the audition component. Maybe Iā€™ll have S email him to confirm. Molloy is definitely a top choice. S loved the campus and the Manhattan Center and had a great audition experience. And I love the glowing reviews that you and others have posted here on CC! The waiting is so hard!

@FlaMTmom - Itā€™s true that last year, the decisions seemed to come very late in the game; some folks were really unhappy about it. Just FYI - you must be accepted academically at Molloy; you can have the greatest audition of all time, but you need to get in academically as well. Another FYI - My D is now a working actress and has seen what itā€™s like out there in the real MT world. She readily acknowledges that the training she received at CAP21 was SUPERB - well worth the four years of blood, sweat and tears, and the wait you are enduring now!

Last year was Rebeccaā€™s first year with CAP21, Iā€™m sure she learned a lot and hopefully decisions will not be so late this year. At least hoping for you guys @FlaMTmom :).

CLASS ONE UPDATE: I am thrilled to announce that D just signed a contract with Celebrity Cruise Lines! Sheā€™s leaving in April for rehearsals/tech in Miami, then sets sail in June, returning in January, and couldnā€™t be happier! One of her classmates is already on a Celebrity contract; another just left on a national tour of The Cat in the Hat; one is packing the house at the Argyle Theatre in Babylon, another is at the Weston Theatre; one is a ā€œliving bibleā€ actor in Washington, DC; one just finished an Off-Broadway run ā€“ the list goes on and on. Class One is booking right and left - thanks to the superb training at Molloy/CAP21!!

Thatā€™s awesome! Thanks for the update @EastchesterMom

Thanks so much for the update, @EastchesterMom! Itā€™s so exciting to hear about the success of this group.

@EastchesterMom congratulations! Thatā€™s amazing!

The Class One kids are all doing so well - and so will yours!

Does anyone know if the pop/rock project performances are open to the public? S and I will be visiting the weekend of Emma, the musical, and tix appear to be available online. We would love to see a student performance!

@FlaMTmom - looks like they are! Things have sure changed since my D did her pop/rock - at the dingy old CAP21 studios on 18th Street! Suggestion: email Rebecca and see if a prospective student can get a couple of free tix; canā€™t hurt to ask. Enjoy!

@FlaMTmom - I believe they are, especially since there is a link to get tickets on the Molloy websiteā€¦ :wink: