BFA at Molloy College/CAP 21

Here’s a laugh for all current (and future!) Cappies … my older D (NYU grad; non-MT) had to go to the Manhattan Center last Friday to pick up a package for MT D ( long story). She had to wait for 2 hours or so for the package to arrive; meanwhile, she took in the sights and sounds at CAP21. Her take: that place ROCKS! She’s half tempted to apply herself ( she’s an amazing tapper).

I got accepted off the waitlist today! Anxious for financial aid package but so excited. I’ve already toured and everything- just need the $$!

Congrats @hstauss2019 ! We haven’t received our financial package yet either. Only thing keeping me a little stressed.

@waitingforlife Thanks! We will follow up if she has additional questions. She so excited about tomorrow. She had said she talked with some students.

@JavaJo Glad your D is excited for sophomore year! All the enthusiasm for the program is very contagious!

Congratulations and welcome to the Molloy/CAP21 Family, @hstauss2019!

Congratulations @hstauss2019 !! Welcome to the family!

Regarding financial aid packets - if you haven’t done so already, be sure to call the financial aid office and check to be sure they have all they need! We had a delayed packet last year due to a FAFSA mix up! But I kept calling and once they got the info they needed, I believe they were able to give me information over the phone. So be sure to check with them! Especially with the May 1st deadline approaching!

Congrats! @hstauss2019 Welcome to the family!

I hope both you and @MTSongbirdMom get those financial packages today!

@hstauss2019 Congratulations! We are waiting on the financial aid package as well. Maybe I’ll try calling today and see if anyone can give me any info- thanks for recommending that @javajo.

@hstauss2019 @MTSongbirdMom I called financial aid just now, and since I had her student number (don’t know how I got that), they were able to tell me how much merit aid D received. My husband and I will discuss the money this evening (first just us, then with D), but I am pretty sure we will be a yes!! It’s more than we had planned on, but I think we can make it work.

@MToverload Glad you were able to get your financial information. My D is in the financial aid office right now. I am awaiting news from her. I am sure we will be discussing it tomorrow when she gets home. Have to admit I am a bit nervous because I think her heart has committed!

@MToverload I did that too, and I believe I’m committing as well!!

There was a mess up with our financial aid. So we have to call back tomorrow. Apparently they didn’t pull her FAFSA even though she filed it October 7. And D applied for a scholarsip they had no record on. So another day for us. But she had a fantastic visit!

OMG, crying tears of joy here…Ali Stroker, CAP21 alum and the first wheelchair-bound actress to appear on Broadway, has been nominated for a Tony…Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical… for her role as “Ado Annie” in Oklahoma!!!

That is soooo amazing!! :slight_smile:

D committed to Molloy/CAP21 4/30/19! The deposit has been paid, housing application completed, and she is signed up for Orientation (which is going to be difficult for us, but we’ll make it happen). Woohoo!!! She is soooo happy, and we are all thrilled for her to begin this new journey! Thank you again to everyone who has provided information on this thread. Is there a parent group I can join now? :slight_smile:

Congratulations, @MToverload ! Great choice! :wink:

Congratulations @MToverload ! We will be doing the same today so our D’s will be classmates! She completely felt at home and her grandparents were impressed as well! So very thankful for all the support we have gotten through the entire journey.

@MToverload @MTSongbirdMom - Now we can say it officially - congratulations and welcome to our Molloy/CAP21 family!

So happy everything worked out @MToverload & @MTSongbirdMom !

Such good news! Congratulations @MToverload and @MTSongbirdMom !

My S will be flying across the country to orientation all by himself as flights are expensive and we want to accompany him to drop him off in September. We’ve been to NYC twice in the last year and he has traveled a lot, so I’m sure he’ll be fine, but I wanted to share with other parents here that there will be a kid on his first solo cross country journey. He’ll fly in and our of JFK and can take train/Lyft/Uber/taxi, but if anyone happens to be doing a super early morning drive to the airport on Friday morning from Rockville Centre maybe he can get a ride? :smile:

@tatteredandfriendly Where on the West Coast are you? We’re in CA, and I’m trying to figure out if I should send my D on her own, but it makes me extremely nervous. Maybe if there was someone else she could travel with I’d feel better… Anyway, feel free to PM me for privacy if you’d like (same for anyone else who might be in this area and traveling for orientation in July).