Bgr

<p>how was ur exxpereience at the bgr?</p>

<p>furthermore, is it compulsory to participate in all the activities in the bgr or can one just go whenever one feels like it...</p>

<p>BGR was okay. Some people are die-hard BGR lovers and many are not, mostly because of the team leader and group they had. My team leader was okay, but soon people in my group stopped showing up to things because she didn’t make it that fun and our group just didn’t click with each other. </p>

<p>But overall it felt a lot like summer camp for me and it was hot as crap outside. You don’t have to do all the activities. I stopped going to a lot of things after the first day, and only went to the good things, like the comedians at night. I slept in everyday because I didn’t want to wake up at 8 AM for the first activities; it’s just up to you. They give you a schedule for each day so you can just look ahead and figure out if you want to go/if you want to wake up that early. </p>

<p>Personally, I didn’t think BGR was all it was cracked up to be.</p>

<p>Is it worth $320? I really don’t wanna spend that much money on orientation but my good HS friends are pressuring me haha. Are there a lot of parties?</p>

<p>Well the $320 I think is just for your room and meals so you can move in early. It’s definitely worth moving in early because you get to meet everyone. It would suck having to move in a week after everyone else who was at BGR, because everyone would already know each other, at least for girls. Guys probably don’t care lol. </p>

<p>And yeah there were a lot of parties at the frats, but all of the ones I went to had passwords to get in. Not sure how guys get into frats, that seems more complicated or they’d have to know someone in the house, idk. But yeah, it was a fun week party-wise lol.</p>

<p>I just moved in and chilled with friends I made prior to coming to Purdue on the Facebook group. </p>

<p>Basically just slept, ate, and chilled with them and participated in ZERO activities. I don’t even know my BGR group, team leader, etc. Just went to the Target Run because a friend needed to buy some stuff and I knew they were giving free stuff away.</p>

<p>I am a former Team Leader and Team Supervisor for BGR (I’m no longer with the program, so can’t “officially” speak for it)</p>

<p>But you basically get what you put into BGR. There are some students who absolutely loved it, and others who didn’t like it for whatever reason. I will admit a lot of it depends on the group you get. I was lucky to have a group that “clicked” instantly, and they are all still friends from three years ago. (I’m still friends with people I met at BGR). There is A LOT of planning that goes into BGR. There are over 500 student volunteers that want new students to have a great time and learn about Purdue.</p>

<p>Let me put it this way. The fee of BGR is about the same as buying two new textbooks for class. You are going to be out “partying” at Purdue for the next 4 (or 5) years…participating in three days of orientation activities and making new friends isn’t going to hurt. Keep an open mind. There are almost 40,000 people within walking distance, all at Purdue for the same reason as you. I know you’ll think I’m biased, but it’s better to go and not like it instead of regretting it later. And don’t go expecting it to suck because then it will just be self-fulfilling prophecy! lol</p>

<p>Oh sorry, one more thing. It will be very hard to party at the frats during BGR week. Purdue has a huge greek system, and it has gotten stricter in the past few years in terms of partying. They are not allowed to recruit during BGR. Some take it more seriously than others, but I know at least a few are on probation and can’t afford to get caught with freshmen in their houses. Unless you know a current brother at a fraternity VERY well, the chances of getting in are very slim. I don’t want to sound like a prick, but I don’t want you to be disappointed when you get there. Things have changed a bit.</p>