Big game this weekend

<p>I know this is not about academics, so sorry to the newbies, but just to let you know about the big rivalry going on this weekend.</p>

<p>No, it’s not the Iron Bowl.</p>

<p>It is the LSU/Bama game.</p>

<p>We are very, very excited about this game. </p>

<p>Many LSU fans are also very interested in the Iron Bowl, as Auburn gave LSU such a trouncing in their game.</p>

<p>It is even said in these parts – not by me, mind you – that it is quite possible that Auburn may actually win the Iron Bowl this year.</p>

<p>On that note, I was wondering if any of our kids on CC are taking the Spirit Bus to Baton Rouge for the game this weekend. I can’t wait to hear a report back.</p>

<p>how many rivalries does alabama have anyways?
i see crimson tide fans get worked up about:
auburn
tennessee
lsu
florida
ole miss
ms state</p>

<p>i guess that’s not a bad thing…even during a bad season, rivalries can spice things up</p>

<p>Auburn and Tennessee - definitely
LSU and Florida - kinda sorta
Ole Miss and Miss St.- lol…no</p>

<p>it’s funny how i listed them in order of your evaluation :O</p>

<p>My observation, from being married to a life-long Crimson Tide fan, is that every SEC team is a “rival” but like feenotype said, some more than others. For reasons I don’t understand, Tide fans hate Tennessee. Other rivalries seem much more friendly. My husband tried to root for Auburn this weekend against LSU, since beating an undefeated Auburn team in the Iron Bowl would bode very well for Bama’s BCS standings, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it.</p>

<p>yeah i always wondered how certain rivalries start…esp. ones weird ones like notre dame - usc or vanderbilt - ole miss</p>

<p>notre dame - usc</p>

<p>Hey…I grew up with that rivalry…not weird at all! LOL</p>

<p>We couldn’t bring ourselves to root for Auburn, either.</p>

<p>Bama - Tennessee used to be a fierce rivalry, but one of mutual respect. That all changed when Phil Fulmer stabbed Johnny Majors in the back and became coach at Tennessee.</p>

<p>Fulmer spent his spare time trying to dig up evidence of Alabama cheating on the recruiting trail. He even was a secret NCAA witness against us in the Albert Means case. His famous line to recruits was “Alabama will be out of business in another year”. He was hoping we’d get the death penalty instead of just the harsh sanctions we received. What made matters worse was the SEC commissioner at the time was in cahoots with Fulmer to bring us down.</p>

<p>Anyway, Fulmer and former SEC commissioner Roy Kramer are scumbags and Bama is laughing last. Kramer retired, Fulmer got fired, and Bama just won the National Championship :-)</p>

<p>As far as our rivalries go, I’d say</p>

<p>auburn (scum sucking cow college with little brother syndrome)</p>

<p>Tennessee (see main post)</p>

<p>Florida (we don’t play them often but when we do it’s usually for the SEC championship)</p>

<p>LSU (only since Saban became head coach. we’ve always dominated the Corndogs historically)</p>

<p>Arkansas (not a historic rivalry as they didn’t come into the SEC until the early 90’s)</p>

<p>Georgia (the enemy of my enemy is my friend. But not in the case with obnoxious Bulldog fans who’ve never won anything to crow about)</p>

<p>Ole Miss (we own them and they hate us. we don’t give two thoughts about them)</p>

<p>Miss St (see above)</p>

<p>South Carolina ( only play every 4 years, not a rivalry)</p>

<p>Kentucky (basketball school)</p>

<p>Vanderbilt (who can hate the southern ivy?)</p>

<p>Great info, NJBama! This should be mandatory reading for all future Bama students :)</p>

<p>NJBama…hilarious. thanks!</p>

<p>Yes, auburn and tennessee are our biggest rivals in that order, but have you ever noticed how most all of the other SEC schools consider Alabama to be either their biggest or 2nd biggest rival. Bama is LSU and tennessee’s biggest rival. It comes from years of domination.</p>

<p>BTW, I agree completely with NJBama’s assessment.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>NJBama, time and again you’ve given Auburn a free pass on this forum, choosing subtle and vague innuendo over straightforward rhetoric. Come on, man, open up, bare your soul, give us your honest evaluation! How do you REALLY feel about Auburn, lol? :)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Oh come on, NJBama, you seriously believe the SEC commissioner is going to conspire to kill the goose that lays the golden egg?</p>

<p>lol @ Malanai. I really do hate them with a passion. I’ve had a huge smile since yesterday over this Cam Newton story too. The barners are in trouble and so is Camburglar.</p>

<p>Feenotype,
Not the current commissioner, but Roy Kramer was in bed with Doug Dickey from UT and that’s a fact.</p>

<p>Ask yourself how come 11 other SEC teams were sent a letter by the SEC office saying not to sign Albert Means because he was dirty and yet Alabama was never sent the same warning letter? </p>

<p>I don’t know how old you are or how long you’ve been following Bama football. But it’s well known the contempt Kramer had for us during his reign. He was a UT fan and neighbors in Maryville TN with Doug Dickey.</p>

<p>And we weren’t laying any golden egg back then. We were a mess with Dubose at the helm. We surely weren’t innocent in the Means case. But we also didn’t get any help from the SEC office.</p>

<p>Amen, NJBama! Thus began real hatred for Tennessee.</p>

<p>Dang…</p>

<p>yeah that sucked</p>

<p>Loved the Bama commercial during the game.</p>

<p>So proud to have a son attending the University of Alabama.</p>

<p>Don’t worry, Bama, we still love you!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>