Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

I just got accepted through an email telling me my status has changed and then going on status checker! I’m from in-state! Does anyone know when scholar invitations will come?

@Redhawkmom I applied on November 1

Some kids got accepted into bing from my school today for EA, so i went to check. Turns out I didn’t activate my password and just never noticed… Should I be worried, or will I hear back later on?

@wildcat2489 my friend haven’t activated his either and he still got it so I doubt that has anything to do with it

Accepted SOM
33 act
4.13 uw
Varsity captain for 2 sports, some clubs, some other sports what display leadership
Lots of work experience since 9th grade.

@Redhawkmom I applied EA very late on November 15th at like 9:30pm

SAT I (breakdown): 2170 (780 CR, 660 M, 730 W)
SAT II: 780 US History, 690 Chemistry, 730 French
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.96 unweighted
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): Top 10% (decile only)
AP (place score in parenthesis): World History (4), English Language & Composition (5), US History (5)
Senior Year Course Load: AP Bio, AP French, AP Calculus AB, Government Honors, Economics Honors, String Orchestra, British Writers
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): AP Scholar Award, National French Exam 3rd Place, National Honor Society

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Science Olympiad (Captain), Track Team (Captain), Quiz Bowl (Captain), National Honor Society (Secretary), French Club (President)

Job/Work Experience: Doctor Shadow (10th grade- present)
Volunteer/Community service: Peer Tutor (10th grade- present), Haiti Meal Packing, other volunteer shoe/food drives

Essays: 9/10, honestly i don’t know but I hope they were good
Teacher Recommendation: 9.5/10, Teacher whose club I’m president of and teacher that adores me and knows me very well
Counselor Rec: 9.5/10 Very close to guidance counselor

Other

State (if domestic applicant): NY
Intended major(s): French
School Type: Private
Ethnicity: Black
Income Bracket: 100,000

Reflection

Strengths: GPA, scores, APs, Extra-curriculars, community service
Weaknesses: maybe essay?
Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected: I have pretty great scores, extra-currics, and my stats are in/above the middle 50%

No need to be worried. Just because you didn’t activate your password doesn’t mean you don’t have an account. As long as it says your application is complete you are fine.

im in state and i was accepted

They accept highest Stats first and work their way down. Don’t worry

35 ACT, 96 UW GPA, top 10%, 800 Math 2 SAT, 800 USH SAT. Rigorous course load (6 APs senior year). Instate and nothing yet :frowning:

When I log onto to the Binghamton status checker, it doesn’t even say complete and ready for review. It just says that my application was submitted. I applied EA on November 5th. Does anyone know if it’s supposed to say complete and ready for review or am I missing something?

@RevisIsland1997 I thought the same thing. Mine never said complete and ready for review-- it just said everything was received until I got accepted tonight

@Hannah8 Okay thanks. Hope I end up with the same result.

What major were you applying to @emilyskates? If you applied on time but test scores, recommendations or transcripts were late that would delay decision a bit.

I’m in-state, applied Nov 8. Accepted to The Watson School of Engineering. SAT 1960 (600 CR, 760 M, 600 W),

top 2% of class, IB diploma candidate, all IB classes last year and this year except math is AP Calc AB. Got an e-mail to check application status tonight at 5:50pm.

@LIParent101 I applied for Economics and I believe everything was on time.

@emilyskates if I’m reading your stats correctly you should be fine. I heard that last year they rolled out acceptances for EA by geographical area.

Yes, your stats look great for Bing try not to stress

Is it a bad thing if you didn’t receive an acceptance today? If you are not in the top percentage of the EAs will you be denied?