Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

JUST CHECKED THE MAIL AN HOUR AGO!! ^______________^

Decision: Accepted to Harpur College of Arts and Sciences!!!

Objective:

SAT I (breakdown): 1910 (580 CR, 680 M, 650 W)
ACT: N/A, didn’t take it for some reason :confused:
SAT II: Didn’t submit
Unweighted GPA: 3.4/4.0, 3.58/5.0
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): Top 50%
AP (place score in parenthesis): Didn’t submit
Senior Year Course Load: AP Calculus, AP Physics, ERWC, AP Economics, AP Psychology, TA (first semester)/Government (second semester), AP Statistics
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): Nothing major IMO

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Key Club (Main Spirit Coordinator 10th-11th, Executive Assistant 11th-12th), Preserving Animal Care (PAC) Club (Secretary 12th), Korean Club (Community Coordinator 12th)
Job/Work Experience: Private Tutor (5th grade math, science, and grammar)
Volunteer/Community service: 300+ hours
Essays: 9/10
Teacher Recommendation: 9/10
Counselor Rec: Not too sure about this one, didn’t read it

Other

State (if domestic applicant): California
Intended major(s): Biological Sciences
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: Asian
Income Bracket: 30k-40k

Reflection

Strengths: My courses of rigor (I have had multiple honors and AP classes), essay maybe??? not too sure
Weaknesses: GPA, SAT, rank
Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected: I honestly don’t know. I’m really surprised that I got accepted. I think it had something to do with the major I chose??

Waiting for Stony and a couple other schools I applied to before I make my decision! :"""")

I’m getting concerned that I haven’t heard. My stats are borderline. I applied 10/15. Do you think you would be able to tell me what you think?
SAT: 1630
GPA: uw: 3.52
OOS
Black/Hispanic Female
Great EC’s: captain of varsity tennis, President of yearbook, Secretary of SADD (students against destructive decisions), National Honor Society, great essays, good letters of recommendation, Accounting Award, National Society of High School Scholars, Semi-Finalist in LEAD business competition.
Major: Accounting

Also forget: 1 AP, 2 honors classes this year,
Have Alumni that went to Binghamton, volunteer at Salvation Army, tutor to underclass men after school

@EddiesMom I received an email saying that the status of my application had been updated. Acceptance was on the portal.

@RestingEasy1214 - thank you and congratulations again.

@EddiesMom Thank you! I wish your son good luck, hope he hears back soon!

Good luck to others still waiting on a decision, as well. Hope you receive good news! :slight_smile:

@firedad4 don’t worry, we are in the same situation that you are. Engineering is more competitive and has a different acceptance criteria which makes it tough to get in. Your child’s stats are good.

Accepted!! :slight_smile: SAT-1900 (CR-620, M-660, W-620). GPA- 5.01 on a 6 point scale. Extracurriculars- Girl Scouts, FBLA, National Honor Society, Varsity Tennis, Varsity Swimming. I submitted my application on November 13th and my SAT scores on Decmber 5th. I’m from New Jersey

I got in!!
Im majoring in finance
Act 31
Gpa 99 (100 scale)

Congratulations @Daisy1997 and @steph98! Were you both notified online or through the mail?

Honestly very shocked I got in, but very thankful! Accepted to Harpur College :slight_smile: Planning to major in English if I go, but if someone has background of Bing English, please answer my other post:http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/suny-binghamton/1842970-binghamton-english-program.html#latest
SAT: 1780/2400
M: 530
R: 580
W: 670
GPA: 3.7 W

Extracurriculars: I had a lot. Secretary of Key Club, PR of Leo Club, director of Asian Club, involved in JSA, National History Day Club state qualifier, SADD, volunteer organizations, and various other clubs

I’m OOS. Teacher recommendation was probably decent. Had an excellent essay.

I submitted my app in mid October and received my acceptance yesterday online.

Congratulations @katyw0ng! I read your other post & I don’t have a background regarding Binghamton’s English Dept, but I think both schools have great reputations with Penn State certainly having more name recognition. A

I got in to the Engineering School. ACT 31, GPA 3.8 W.

Do they send out decisions on weekends?

I applied to bing in mid october
I transferred in from India in senior year here and as a result i have transcripts from india which are supposed to be converted to the grades here by the university
I have taken the SAT and got
1660/2400
R-460
M-640
W-560

I dont have any honors classes or any such thing in my record as any such thing is not there in the Indian education system
But i am scoring in 90’s in my senior year in my current high school which i joined in new york in fall 2015

I have applied for engineering
Do i have a chance of getting admitted ?

@mss2898 http://engineering-schools.startclass.com/l/303/The-State-University-of-New-York-at-Binghamton
This website states the minimum SAT for the engineering school at 1840, so it may be a long shot but you never know! Good luck!

Applied Early for engineering and comp sci but haven’t heard back.
Can anyone chance me?
Oh since I haven’t heard back from Bing yet, can anyone chance me?
Sat: 1890
Combined 1330
Math 670
Reading 660
Writing 540 (HAH T.T)
Gpa 3.92 weighted

Congrats @katyw0ng !

I think your stats look good for engineering @3xploit Your math and english SAT portions are high the writing portion doesn’t matter. I applied engineering also, Industrial. I heard Comp Sci and Mechanical very popular so that could be a bit of an issue. Still I think you’re OK.

Thanks @motortrend :,) ur words bring me great confidence