Binghamton University Class of 2020 Decisions

@brett107 yeah it’s like that for me too and I got accepted so don’t worry

Ok thanks!

So if we have not heard yet we should expect to be deferred into the regular application pool ? Applied for engineering 33 ACT 2030 SAT and GPA 95 AP and honor courses junior and senior year

@firedad4 no. It’s all subjective. Don’t get nervous because you’ve seen people’s “theories” on here. None of them are actually proven to be what they admissions office actually does. Such a small percent of acceptances have been released, and there are sure to be more! So just be patient, if your stats are there as well as a strong app, it will come :slight_smile:

THANKS FISHGILL. Just a little frustrated with the whole process. Based on websites scores seem to be well within the acceptance range. No real good source of how scores vary among different schools within Binghamton.

My Son applies to Bing with no reply yet, last year my D applied to several Suny including Bing and Bing was the slowest and latest in reply of all, I think the volume of applicants is too high

SUNYS are slow in general. Bing and Stony Brook are worse then Albany and UB. Stony Brook won’t be released until January. There are dozens of applicants in my grade and none of heard. I don’t believe any theories. Many of us have 30+ ACTs and are well qualified.

Binghamton ’ s notification date is in January. The reason it is so late is that they probably are waiting to see which students are going to withdraw their applications after most colleges ED decisions are handed down. Bing. wants to avoid admitting student that will turn them down so everyone will have to wait awhile…

check ur bing portals some people heard today

D was accepted today!!!

Congratulations! Nothing new on our end, but it’s good to hear of more responses!

Getting concerned…Bing was my safety, but I’ve yet to hear anything. I thought I’d be an auto-accept – 97 unweighted, 12 APs, 800s on subject tests and 2250+ on SAT – but maybe I’m being overconfident? :frowning:

Don’t worry @glasshours, your fine.

@glasshours - It does not sound like you have anything to worry about. I think it is just taking them time to get through all of the applications. Your stats are very solid.

Are any acceptances sent out between Christmas and New Years or once we don’t hear before 24/25th then we won’t until Jan.?

@brett107 nobody knows. Seriously, it seems to be very random. Don’t fret–you will know within a month. Jan 15 is right around the corner, and it will come fast after the holidays.

Accepted to school of management

Decision: Accepted to School of Management

Objective:

ACT: 29
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.708
AP courses: Music Theory, Statistics, Environmental, Calculus AB

Subjective:

Extracurriculars: Color Guard, Chamber Orchestra, Planting Club, Key/Interact Club

Job/Work Experience: After-school program aid at an elementary school

Volunteer/Community service: Free Market (committee member), ABC (diaper distribution to low-income families)

Other

out of state
Intended major(s): Accounting
School Type: public
Ethnicity: Chinese
Income Bracket: 120,000

Reflection

Strengths: GPA, essay, recommendations
Weaknesses: course rigor, freshman/sophomore year low grades (explained in counselor rec, I think)
Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected: I had strong essays and recommendations, along with a good GPA

@RestingEasy1214 & @omarnesh - congratulations to both of you — when were you notified & how — mail, email or online portal?