Binghamton Unversity:these things may happen everywhere

Has anyone seen articles about Binghamton University’s problems with racism, discrimination and other difficulties. If you have, then you can understand my being less than enthusiastic about the school. But I didn’t think they all persisted. I hoped things got better. The president who was apparently responsible for a lot of the difficulties left, apparently in disgrace, and a few other administrators went too. But problems with the social climate on campus, discrimination, access to grievance processes when warranted, and other issues apparently remain. On the other hand, it is an inexpensive place to get a degree. Discrimination and those kinds of issues don’t impact directly on everyone. Does it matter if a campus is unresponsive to problems related to things like discrimination, sexism and other difficulties if you can still get a degree there without going into debt. Maybe people of color and women have difficulties on most campuses and Binghamton may be no worse than those. Things to consider and ask about when you are considering any campus I suppose.How important are the values modeled (not just discussed in sound bites) by upper administration to students? Are they at all?

I should have added I read about it on this site and on fb.But now I can’t find the information.

I’ll have to look for that. It is a safety for S, and a million other kids, but perhaps that will change matters…thanks for the info.

I bet that Reputation Management has buried articles that put the university in poor light. I can’t find ones I’d read pretty recently.