Bit

<p>Is anybody familiar with BIT? That is the major I'm currently looking into right now. I just have a few questions?</p>

<p>Is it possible to major in BIT with a minor in CS?</p>

<p>What jobs can you get with it? What do you do?</p>

<p>Is the Business Study Abroad worth it?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>You can minor in just about anything if you work your schedule around it and are willing to dedicate the time and energy. I believe there are a few overlaps between the CS Minor coursework and the BIT major. Talk to an advisor to make sure they are equivalent.</p>

<p>There are a ton of different jobs you can do with a BIT major - programming, web development, business intelligence, operations and supply chain, etc… these jobs are in manufacturing companies, consulting, services, software, government, etc… VT BIT has one of the highest job placement rates at Tech. If you graduate with a B average, you are almost guaranteed a job. Students graduating spring 2012 have already had job offers from companies like IBM, Rubbermaid, Deloitte, KPMG, Accenture, PwC and so on.</p>

<p>Every student I know who participated in the study abroad programs at Tech though they were well worth it.</p>