internal transferring into Business Information Technology (BIT)?

I might as well post this while the forum is most active. I was accepted into Pamplin under the finance major, and I am seriously considering going (VT is my all time dream school. if you look at my binders ever since freshman year, you will see hundreds of 'VT’s). But the more I read about BIT, the more it attracts me.

I know I would need to fill out the university change of major form instead of the pamplin one because only Econ and HTM majors get to just fill out the pamplin change of major form instead of application.

is anybody here going into / already in BIT? Anybody here know the difficulty of getting into BIT from finance or the rest of pamplin? should I email an adviser at VT in like a week to get more specific info? I’m pretty new to the idea of BIT so literally any info at all would be nice.

if you are admitted into business then its no big deal to switch to BIT. same college, same first year coursework. you probably could email admissions and ask to make the switch now. if that doesn’t work it wouldn’t be a big deal once you are at tech.

Awesome! I’ll email them asking about it on monday, I can’t believe I might actually become a hokie!