Blount Initiative Opinion/Experience?

<p>I would love some feedback on the Blount Initiative. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Really just wondering if you (or your child) are enjoying it, glad you selected it, would choose again…and also if it is geared toward a certain type of person or is it a mix of personality types. </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>My D visited BI and met with the Dean (sorry I can’t recall his name) as a part of her HC visit. My D fancies herself as pretty mainstream with a touch of quirkiness. She found the whole vibe at BI to be too strange. This is not a judgement, just her personal observation. So, as a kid who embraces her quirkiness, she found it too quirky. I would highly recommend a visit. It is truly important when you are considering joining such a small community.</p>

<p>My daughter loves the Blount professors and the Blount classes. She loved having OB to hang out in between classes and at night. She has extremely liberal views but also engages in mainstream activities (she’s a sorority member.) She found the other students were a mixed bag (both liberal and conservative, quirky and not so quirky, laidback and serious.) Considering there aren’t that many Hispanic students on campus, she was pleased that she found other Hispanic students to connect with in Blount. She is definitely continuing with the Blount Minor. I think the biggest selling point for her is the interaction with the professors and the topics studied.</p>