BOARDING

<p>Just got accepted! International student.
How is the location and boarding? Didn't really like the rooms on the brochure...</p>

<p>Coral Gables is a nice Town just south of Miami, Freshman dorms are any Typical Metro US dorms.
Enjoy the Tropics not sure where you coming from …</p>

<p>Thanks for replying! I’m coming from Istanbul, Turkey.
I’m just wondering how urban the school is. Like if I leave the campus, will I be “in the middle of nowhere”?</p>

<p>I think you will like Miami, its a bit Humid and Tropical as compare to Istanbul, I been to Istanbul in December and it was cold and very cloudy… Miami is very Lively and a city which dont sleep their is always something going on. Lots of Tourist comes here. Just be careful going out in the night if alone, but thats common for any big USA City.
Campus is very secured though… Whats your Major ?? </p>

<p>@dadfor2014 Cool! Istanbul has very definite 4 seasons unlike FL.
I’ve been to Miami but I was a kid so I do not remember. I lived in Scottsdale,AZ last year and I hated it!!! There was nothing to do anywhere. That’s why I really want to make sure I choose a lively city.
My major is Psychology-Neuroscience. Good to hear that about safety because from what I read my other choice: Rutgers - New Brunswick is really safe.</p>

<p>My son is going to take Neuroscience too not decided on Minor yet. We havent made the Final Decision yet, other options he has are UA,Alabama. MU Oxford Ohio, UIChicago, Loyola, UPitt. I think he will goes with UM.
Rutgers is a nice school too close to New York. Miami has Nice Beaches, like South Beach or Ft Lauder-dale, Boca Raton area. pretty much same climate all year around. </p>

<p>@dadfor2014 I meant to write rutgers is not safe. I also got accepted to Upitt but i heard Pittsburgh is not the best city.
My decision between rutgers and UM is left to what aid I will get from UM because I got a lot from rutgers.
Also got accepted to penn state-uni park but almost no aid :((
What aid did your son get?
Cool that we both want neuroscience!</p>

<p>Son almost got Full Tuition at UM and we are OOS.
MU Ohio he has Full Tuition, UA he has more then Full Tuition and UPitt he has slightly more then Half Tuition.</p>

<p>Yes Pittsburgh is in a real Metro City. Some love that life some dont. </p>

<p>Wow!!! Your son did a great job with financial aid/scholarships! I hope I can get more from UM, i only got 17k.
I got 23k from rutgers(some of it are loans) and the school is 28k. I also applied for a residential scholarship so Rutgers is way cheaper than UM for me now…</p>