Books not available at SupE Store

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I was looking to purchase Chemistry: Structure And Properties Package For University Of Alabama ISBN [1269905899] …but the Supply Store was out of stock. I called them and they just transferred me from department to department and finally told me to keep my “eyes on the website” to see if anything changes.</p>

<p>I was wondering where I can find this course material? And if this material is clearly necessary on the first few days of class?</p>

<p>No, textbooks are rarely absolutely necessary for the first few days.</p>

<p>In the past, you could directly order online thru MyBama…is that still the case? </p>

<p>If so, order that way…they get the books in quite fast.</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids I believe so. I logged on to Mybama and it gave me a list of the books I needed and the prices that its sold at in the Supply Store. Unfortunately some of them are out of stock. And Im not sure whether I will have all the books I need before classes start. i called them and they just said to keep my eyes on the website to see if any new shipments come in. </p>

<p>Did you order the Out of Stock books? They usually get them in really fast. I would do that and then keep looking elsewhere. </p>

<p>hm. They dont give you that option to order out of stock books. I cant select the book in order to add to my cart because its out of stock</p>

<p>I think we all need to wait until closer to the start of classes. UA’s SupeStore has now moved into the new space so I am confident they will gear up and get the books in that students need. Confirm what is needed the first day of classes. Can call them directly for more specific info.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>hmmm…is that new? We used to be able to do that…that would trigger a reorder and it would arrive a few days later.</p>

<p>Yea. I dont think that option is available anymore. I guess I have to wait and see…</p>

<p>You can also try the Off Campus Bookstore (504 14th St, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
(205) 345-3910).</p>

<p>I am looking for the same book, Nraja. It doesn’t seem to be available at the University Store. Unfortunately, since this textbook package is customized especially for Alabama, there is no way to get it except through them. Have you had any luck in your search?</p>

<p>Edit: By the way, are you also getting the “Lab Manual” that is on the same list (I’m assuming we have the same one)? It seems redundant to have a MyLabsPlus and a lab manual, but what do I know?</p>

<p>Hey. Yea. I haven’t been able to find it either. I am checking the website daily. Maybe once I move in I can go talk to the University Store. That way they cant hang up on me or transfer me -__-</p>

<p>Can you contact your prof and let him/her know that the book isnt in stock? I would send an email and ask if they can contact the Supe store to make sure that the book is soon available. </p>

<p>If no prof has yet been assigned, contact the dept.</p>