Books

<p>So I have been looking up all my books at the Sup store and am somewhat confused. </p>

<p>No binding book - does this mean it goes in a binder? Opinions about this? </p>

<p>Also, the packages… does this include everything needed for the class?</p>

<p>I am taking Chem and one of the lab manuals is not available but when I google the name it shows 0 results. </p>

<p>Is it better to wait until the first day of classes to purchase books to see if you need them or not? </p>

<p>For Calc… the books offered all say choose one, is there a difference? </p>

<p>What is a clicker? It is required for Bio. </p>

<p>Some also say it is available in Publisher Aps… where do I get this? Chem notes. </p>

<p>No binding book are in a binder and are better of you can get one because they are cheaper. Packages May or may not have everything for a class- it depends on which one you get. The lab book won’t show up on Google because it is specific to UA. Basically, you have to buy it from them. Check back each day for it to be in stock. For choose ones, you pick one of each type of item. One web code, one textbook type (loose leaf, hardback, or ebook), etc. A clicker lets you answer questions in class electronically. I think they sell them at the Supestore. I’m not sure about the publisher apps question, though. </p>

<p>okay thank you so much, you answered all my questions</p>

<p>Is it better to wait until class? Then purchase books</p>

<p>If you can get a good deal (usually not with the Supestore), then go ahead and get them. Otherwise, I’d wait to make sure you’ll actually need the books. </p>

<p>I’d suggest looking around and seeing what you can find. For one of my classes, the Supestore wanted $66.65 for purchase the book used. I was able to buy that same book on Chegg for $4.99.</p>

<p>can Son use clicker from last year or does he need a different one?</p>

<p>Not sure if this helps: <a href=“A New "Clicker", old one being dropped - #12 by aeromom - University of Alabama - College Confidential Forums”>A New "Clicker", old one being dropped - #12 by aeromom - University of Alabama - College Confidential Forums;

<p>For UA chem notes definitely wait to purchase because some chem teachers do not follow the same pattern or powerpoints found in the notes which makes them a waste of money. Found this out the hard way my first semester. </p>

<p>Since both my Bio and Chem require the clicker… can I use the same one? </p>

<pre><code>Bsc 115/118 Lab Manual (2014-2015)Casanova (Price To Be Determined)Publisher ApsBinding None
</code></pre>

<p>Required</p>

<p>^^^^ What does that mean? Where I can find this if it is sold out at SUP store?</p>

<p>Chemistry: Structure And Properties Package For University Of Alabama, 1/ETroISBN 1269905899Binding None
Required</p>

<p>This is also sold out at Sup store and I can not find it anywhere online</p>

<p>Yes, the clicker is universal, well, at UA it should be. Not sure if one from another university could be used…</p>

<p>If I go to orientation and ask which professor uses book or not, will he/she be able to give an answer?</p>

<p>That professor may not be at orientation - they won’t be there to ask. Best to wait for the first class and get that teacher’s list.</p>

<p>hmm i didn’t buy any books yet hope I get teachers with no books.
Do English classes require text book?</p>

<p>Your English classes will require some books yes…</p>

<p>Are they literatures? or like literally textbook that has grammar rules or so?</p>

<p>Paul, it depends which English class you’re taking. You can look up the books on MyBama, although if you’re not registered for classes yet it’ll just give you a rough idea, because you won’t know which section you’re in yet. My D needed 2 books for freshman composition (one of which was unique to UA) and a Norton’s Anthology for her literature class. The likelihood that you’ll get professors who don’t require books in most of your classes is pretty small.</p>

<p>My DD has Chem books from last year at UA that she would love to sell if they are what you need; she could not sell them online because these books where specific for UA.</p>