Bringing a bike?

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>So I'm definitely bringing a bike to college because I couldn't stand the long hot walks from my dorm to other buildings during freshmen orientation. I was wondering if there are many bike racks, so I can lock my bike securely. I can't really stand having a bike and not having anywhere to place it at. Are there racks near every buildings with classes, like Hancock, etc.?</p>

<p>Also, are there safe racks near dorms where I can store my bike without having to worry about the harsh weathers?</p>

<p>Thanks :)</p>

<p>I had one and had a little trouble finding a place to lock it but consensus seems to be that it’s worse now so it may not be worth bringing one if you’re on campus. Off campus I’d still bring one though.</p>

<p>I don’t think there are any weather resistant places to put them.</p>

<p>A few points based on my son’s experience. The long hot walks will not be for very long-the temps will become more comfortable in September. Also, there seems to always be a wind blowing across Drill Field and when the weather gets cold it can feel like crossing the frozen tundra-they say. Riding a bike in those conditions would be bitter. Lastly, my son felt the campus really “got smaller” than it was at orientation and enjoyable to walk.
This year my son is bringing a bike as he is now off campus, but relied on the bus system last year-and will this year too.</p>

<p>To be fair, campus is pretty much a valley in itself, so biking to class may get you more hot and sweaty than walking. The temps cool off sooner than you think. Also, youre going to have to lock it up outside and let it sit in the rain and snow, which may ruin your bike. There are only 4 or so bike shelters (with roofs) on the residential side, but those are always crowded.
But, if youre living off campus, I encourage you to get one.</p>