Brockman Foundation Scholarship-High School Class of 2019 Waiting Game

Just saw this now, I am in too if it is not too late!

The people at the front desk talked me into suggesting Piada - it’s casual Italian right beside Zoe’s kitchen out the front door. 7:00 unless we decide we don’t like it!

How long are the interviews for the weekend event?

30 minutes.

Thanks.

For next year’s reference for parents, there are many things you can do besides staying in your hotel room. One dad went to hockey and basketball games; I went on the dorm tours and shopping at The Warehouse. Also, on the last night, my daughter was too busy talking with the current Brockman scholars to eat any of the appetizers they had. Many of the kids went out to eat afterwards in groups. Most kids spent the night Saturday night. I felt bad for the kids who had to leave right after the event was over at 7 pm. It sounds like they had a great time…a GroupMe of 75 kids or so has been started! Regardless of receiving the scholarship or not, these kids have met some great friends and had great times to start off their TAMU college careers!

What an incredible 3 days! I lived vicariously through my husband and son and it sounds like Brockman and all could not have made the time any better for our kiddos. My son found his people and his home away from home. As a parent, you can’t ask for anything more. Of course, the cherry on top will be the scholarship itself, but honestly, having these young people make friendships that look to be lifelong is priceless. Wishing our best to everyone!

Hope you all had a great experience over the weekend!! I’m praying all of your kids get a scholarship!!! If your son/daughter accepts a scholarship, please join our Facebook group. There are two, our first group was the wrong type. Choose the one with a picture of the Brockman logo. It’s not actually associated with the Brockman Foundation, just a place where the parents communicate. The kids are welcome to join also. It’s a private group and you have to answer some questions. Laura will approve your request. Good luck and try not to stress over the next couple of weeks!!

Did anybody ask when notifications would go out? Email or snail mail? acceptances and/or rejections?

YALL!!! Have your kids check their emails! My daughter was notified at noon today that she got the Brockman! She has 10 working days to accept or decline. If she doesn’t respond by noon on February 12th, they will give it to the next kid in line on the list.

Exciting! Congrats!! No news on our end yet!!

Still waiting here!

My son just told me a new friend of his from finalists weekend (a female) shared with him that she got an offer! Maybe this was your daughter. Congratulations!!! That is absolutely wonderful!! @TXRunningMom

My son got it, too!

Sorry to have checked out of this thread early on. My son was told during his regional interview that the questions were confidential so I thought I’d better go off radar during the process.

Good Luck to everyone!

@2aggies , I’m trying to find the facebook page but can’t. Can you let me know what the name of it is? You can PM if you want. Thanks!

Congratulations!!! Nothing here on our end either. ?

My son just told me that he received the scholarship. Evidently he’s known since noon but wanted to wait to tell me in person. Best wishes to everyone still waiting!

The Facebook page is: Brockman Scholars of Texas A&M - parents and students.

Congrats!

Brockman Scholars of Texas A&M - parents and students is the name of the page. If you can’t find it, PM me and I’ll add you.

Congratulations to all of you!!

Have all of the scholarships been offered to the candidates?

I hope not. I have not yet received an email.