Brown Class of 2027 Official Thread

yep, everything is gone. We didn’t have much in the FA portal to begin with. We only had FAFSA and CSS.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, same.

Also I see you everywhere. I hope your child gets in where they want!

5 Likes

Same. But only CSS since I’m Int’l

3 Likes

Good luck to you as well. And to every student and parent on this board hoping for the same results, best wishes! Y’all did great :+1::clap:

8 Likes

Mac is looking super likely for my daughter right now, unless Brown says yes (which we are NOT counting on.) Let me know what happens with you!

1 Like

does anyone have an address on their portal

no, do you?

is this some astrology? I dont have one either

1 Like

where is it supposed to be?

1 Like

It was never there from day 1.

hi, was there ever a withdraw button on the portal? i don’t remember but i know i don’t have one now

1 Like

Yes there was. Not there anymore.

2 Likes

Does having a RISD graduate in the family and listed on the app help with Brown at all? Probably not, just wondering.

1 Like

"I am writing to share that Regular Decision admission decisions will be posted Thursday, March 30 at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time and can be viewed by students through the Brown Applicant Portal. Applicants received an email on March 23 with a link to the portal outlining the date and time that decisions will be available.

Brown received 51,302 applications for the Class of 2027, a one percent increase over last year that makes this the largest application pool in the University’s history. Brown will make 1,730 Regular Decision offers of admission to the incoming Class of 2027, in addition to the 879 Early Decision admission offers made in December. The overall admit rate for this year’s pool is 5 percent, with a Regular Decision admit rate of 3.8 percent.

Additionally, 18 percent of accepted students represent the first generation in their family to attend college. This year’s admitted class comes from 90 nations, 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. The top countries represented outside the United States are China, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and South Korea.

Of the 4,192 applicants to the Program in Liberal Medical Education (PLME), 74 students were admitted with a 2 percent admission rate. Of the 916 applicants to the Brown-RISD Dual Degree Program, 20 students were admitted with a 2 percent admission rate.

If spaces in our entering class are available after our May 1 reply date, we will be pleased to make additional admission offers to students on our waitlist. Please note, however, that all spaces in the Program in Liberal Medical Education have been filled. The number of students admitted from the waitlist will depend on how many students accept our initial admission offers by May 1. In recent years, the number of waitlist spaces available in our incoming class has ranged from 15 to 120. Waitlist activity will conclude by mid-summer, and more information on the waitlist is available here.

Meanwhile, Brown is excited to host two admitted student programs on campus for the Class of 2027. A Day on College Hill (ADOCH) will take place on April 14 and 21 for students who are able to visit Providence in person. We will also continue to support our admitted students with a variety of virtual programming that provides opportunities to explore, learn, ask questions and connect to our campus while showcasing our vibrant community."

10 Likes

where did you get this?

1 Like

I also got that email from Brown (as a school counselor, since my son is homeschooled).

2 Likes

On Slate, when I clicked on Application in Progress, the bubble is on “Decided” now. Before today, the bubble was at complete.

2 Likes

What is Slate? Is it same as application status portal? On my dd portal, it has always said submitted

1 Like

same for us…

interesting bc is says “application in progess” eh who wants to go to a school that cant spell? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes