BS Class of 2022 Thread

@“Mama Paradox” We opened an account for AppleKid at the bank which has an ATM on campus because we thought that would be the most convenient option. However, we found that the delay in funds being available after a deposit was made was a bit of a hassle and the kid never ever withdrew cash from the ATM as the debit card could be used for everything AK ever purchased. (I think the kid still has most of the small amount of cash taken from home at the beginning of the school year.) So we ended up opening an account at our local bank which allows DH and I to make quick transfers when needed. Might be something the kids can ask about on the revisit day. I imagine spending habits can vary widely among students.

Great. Thanks for sharing…

We also found opening a local bank account unnecessary for similar reasons. We opened one for DS1 but found it to be a major pain. For the subsequent 3 we just had them open bank accounts linked to ours for fast transfer/ oversight as well.

Twins will learn to face time their individual cats .Now in Sept.,I will be babysitter of cats.What a new role…smile…

DS has me send a photo of the cat to him once a week. When I forget, he texts the cat emoji to me.

Soooo funnny…

Our cat kept a diary and sent a page or two to ChoatieKid from time to time. We lost our cat last September and ChoatieSgt is still grieving.

Our pets and children give us good memories. I plan to buy the twins luggage on wheels for their Sept. move. Waiting for good sales.

@mama paradox, you may want to look at the ll bean rolling duffels. Big enough to hold some weird sports equipment, light, folds flat under a bed, and wheels!

Best part, it fits under the bed. Thanks.

Haha! You can tell we don’t fly. SwimKid packs in laundry baskets :))

It is cheaper to drive. We make plenty of food breaks…

Peddie accidentally invited wait listed students to a new admit reception via email. They sent a gracious apology email for the unintend mix up. Peddie is a fine school. The admissions staff are warm and nice. As a parent, I was impressed with this school.

Revisit day was fantastic. It is snowing hard in Massachusetts. Met parents from CC at revisit program. Yes, it is a small world. My kiddos feels their new school is a “good” fit. There were many opportunities for interactions with staff and students. Good luck to the students and parents who are still trying to decide on a school. Sending good thoughts your way.

A friend of mine posted a photo from Groton - yikes! It’s relatively sunny & springlike here in NYC.

Crazy weather for all.

@Mama Paradox Where will the twins be enrolling? Who did you meet from CC?

Do not remember screen name of the CC parent…
The kids new school’s mascot is Gunga the Gorilla. Rather not say the name of school.

Despite the snow, my kid came away from the Friday revisit totally committed to the school, and as we’ve signed the enrollment contract, I guess this will be my official home forum from now on! Mama Paradox, see you on opposite sides of the field next fall… :wink:

We’ve narrowed the field down to three: St. Andrew’s in Delaware, Thacher in California, and Lick-Wilmerding. Stay tuned!