BSMD/BSDO Applicants Undergrad and Medical School experiences

Update on BS/MD linkage program between Temple PPHS /Temple LKSOM.
My Child has a GPA 4.0 until now and taking MCAT in Jan 2020. Did all AAMC practice tests 1,2,3,4 and UWorld practice questions (1900) during winter break with excellent scores.
My Child already had a committee interview for getting a committee letter of recommendation from Temple Pre-med Office. Temple PPHS candidates who meet linkage requirements (GPA, min Grades) will be presented to LKSOM during Feb 2020 as a cohort. They (both 3+4 and 4+4) will be interviewed by LKSOM in March, 2020. They will submit MCAT score by March 2020 for (3+4) and mid- June 2020 for (4+4). In May/June 2020, those who meet all linkage requirements into LKSOM will be notified (after final Spring 2020 grades and MCAT score submission) . For (4+4), the official acceptance lettter comes in Fall 2020. Hope this clarifies this program.

@grtd2010 thatā€™s great update and congrats to her. I will address rest on another thread. :smile:

@grtd2010 - thanks for the update and good luck to your D!

Wonder what folks on this thread think about https://nmhc.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/2020-pre-med-undergraduate-intern-program-34584 for upcoming summer.

@PPofEngrDr : only 3 weeks length, Mon- Thursday , too short :slight_smile:

@orm2020 hmm June 17th to Aug 11th, 7 weeks?

Compare it with other available ECs and research opportunities during summer. It seems to be a full-time activity for 7 weeks.

@PPofEngrDr Looks interesting and promising. It is 8 weeks, 4 days a week ,paid program with exposure to patients and clinical staff. Unless your C is interested in MD/Ph.D, research is not that critical for MD admission. But definitely clinical and non-clinical EC for 150+ hours in each minimum needed.

First time poster so I trying to make sure I donā€™t violate any posting rules. I googled BS/MD and there was a link within another post that took me here.

High school currently: My DS is a junior/16. Heā€™s got a solid course load thatā€™s been consistent. 36 ACT, 3 AP Chem, 5 AP World, and taking 5 AP classes + engineer academy class. Got straight Aā€™s last semester. Cumulative GPA 4.3 because he got a B every semester in previous years. Has swam comp since 11 yrs old, strong community service experiences. A couple of deep leadership roles at school.

Getting into school seems so hard even with those stats for UC colleges in CA and Iā€™m so removed from this since Iā€™m 46 and my 1290 SAT turned out ok as a Chem E from the UW! I have no idea what to think as Iā€™m trying to be there when heā€™s asked me questions.

He is focused on wanting to be a doctor. Where we live, there is a 2/3+4 BS/MD school at Cal Northstate U. A couple of our friends kids attend there. I think if he doesnā€™t get into his UGrad school choices, heā€™d consider going there because itā€™s local. He would prefer to go far away.

I would value your insight if you have them for this school, how your kids are doing If they go to other schools (Iā€™m reading your posts. Iā€™m on page 4 of this thread!) and if youā€™d recommend such a compress program. Is there a list of combined program schools out there that you would recommend? I googled but not sure if the list is comprehensive.

What would you recommend that he look into to start if a compressed/combined program is his interest. I thought researching UG was complex. This is just a whole new level of complexity. Thank you in advanced for your time!!

@MommaLue - This thread is for those who went thru the BSMD process already. please post in current BSMD threads ( http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2143599-official-thread-for-2020-bsmd-applicants.html#latest) or make your own thread.

@sajju786 Can you please message me I have few questions regarding the Mission trips.

@Anushi
Please post this as a separate thread as an 8th grader inquiry. This therad is for those who are alraddy in UG (BS/MD or Regular Route).

Click on any userā€™s name handle to go to his or her profile. You should see an option which says Message. If you donā€™t see it, especially when logging from cell phone, check the option for ā€œDesktop siteā€ under top left corner of your phone.

Sā€™s MCAT scores came out today and he got 100 percentile (similar to what he scored in practice tests). Now the long process of writing essays and completing applications starts!

@srk2017 Congratulations to your son hard working and parents support. :blush:

@srk2017 Congratulations to your son on getting a great MCAT score. Best wishes to him for a successful Medical school applications cycle ahead.

@srk2017
Congratulations, once again, to your S, you and your family!
You must be a very proud parent today.

@srk2017 Congrats to your S and the proud family. It is not that hard to to go thru the App process (I felt BS/MD process was harder). For non-gap students, the only downside is, travelling during school year for interview, creates challenge. He will come out in flying colors, for all you know his wish may come true, in getting good merit aid in T10-30 or his dream school even if full cost. GL.

Thanks. TBH, expected little higher score lol

Congratulations