Bucknell Class of 2027 Official Thread

Yes. She’s checking portal relentlessly and nothing there. It’s high on her list, so she’s pretty anxious. We just got back from a long exhausting trip so I told her she should just go to bed…she did get an acceptance from F&M tonight so knows she at least has an option, but she prefers Bucknell, so this is maddening.

Interesting. I just checked with DD. It was in portal not in the email.
DD had an unactivated portal until 8 p.m today… I told her to check forgot the password and she got some temporary password for activation…She was relieved that her application had all green checks :slight_smile: (we had a lot of issues with many schools.)
I would recommend tomorrow to call Bucknell. It sounds to me that either something wrong with the application or there is some technical difficulty.

I didn’t get an email, maybe check the portal

Waitlisted
92.6/100 UW GPA / 98.31 W GPA
Top 25%
Test Optional
8 AP’s / 7 Honors / 3 DE

Better than I expected!

1 Like

We received tuition exchange and it was in the acceptance letter.

Accepted without merit aid.
Chicago area
Test optional
4 APs, 10 honors courses
3.7/4.0 unwaited

2 Likes

I think she is checking it wrong. I bet its there. There are tabs and you have to click on them for decision. My son missed it last year when he was admitted as well. Double check the updates and the tabs in the portal.

Daughter waitlisted, but will be admitted for Spring semester if she completes a fall semester abroad with a joint Bucknell/Verto program in Spain or London with a 3.0. Anyone else? Anyone have any intel on this option?

accepted under managing for sustainability!
1520 sat, 4.2 GPA

1 Like

I have super similar stats and I thought I was in but I keep getting waitlisted everywhere :frowning:

I have a 3.75 uw with 15 honor/ap/college and I was waitlisted :frowning:

Take it easy. DD has 3.98 GPA unweighted at HS and 30 DE credits at CC with GPA 4.0. She is waitlisted. So you are in good company.

1 Like

This makes me feel better because I’ve been waitlisted at TCU, Clemson and now Bucknell but I still have 6 more decisions to go :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Do you have any true safeties under your belt? If not, I would recommend finding some schools with rolling admission just in case. You always can do CC or GAP year. I am sure with so many waitlists you will get something at the end. Do not give up.

2 Likes

Thank you! This is what I need to hear right now. I have 6 acceptances at the moment (Baylor being my top choice right now) I just keep getting waitlisted at my target schools so it’s frustrating :frowning:

Great! At least you are safe! Good seed can be planted anywhere and will grow up with good nutrition :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s there you have to click into the application and at the top … easy to kiss it says “there has been an update to your application March 15th… click for update” you’ll find it there

1 Like

My daughter was waitlisted too for Freeman College, 98 UW GPA, 33 ACT, 13 APs included all the hard sciences and math, 1 DE, varsity sport, VP of NHS, lots of work experiences etc.

4 completed APs with 4; taking 3 more
Travel soccer team and other activities
Wanted biomedical engineering
Congrats to you!

Thx for that! College admissions has become a crazy process! This was the first announcement out of a bunch of schools and was supposed to put us in a positive mood. Oh well, looking toward the next ones.

1 Like