Business/Economics majors

<p>What are your opinions on Baruch College? I know they have a Wall Street career program and since wall street is my end goal I think it’ll be very helpful. then again they only select a very limited number of undergrads for the program. but everything i’ve read on CUNY colleges (including senior colleges) give a very negative outlook on the whole system. is it true what they say about the low standards of these colleges? personally, i believe that in the end it’s up to you to get good grades regardless of the academic rigor of the college. I mean I know there are Baruch graduates who have FO jobs at goldman sachs and morgan stanley. can someone please give me an honest opinion? I’m sure if it’s good enough for Goldman sachs it can’t be that bad.</p>

<p>You will most likely be at the bottom end of the applicant pool when you apply to top ibanks. Most ibanks recruit at Ivys and top schools because adcoms weed out the best of the best, giving ibank recruiters an easier job of finding the brightest. There are people at top ibanks from schools no one has heard of but they have proved themselves and probably have MBAs from top programs. The Wall Street program at CUNY might prepare you for Wall Street, but it’s useless if you can’t find a job at Wall Street.</p>

<p>Parent here, who happens to have worked on Wall Street for decades. There are senior leaders
who went to even less prestigious schools than Baruch. While firms of course do look at the ivy
undergrads, that is not your end goal. Those jobs are for 2 years and they expect anyone going anywhere,
to go back to grad school. At that point, nobody cares what undergrad program you went to.
Might it help you get into a top MBA, maybe, but GMAT scores and undergrad grades count for much more.</p>

<p>@blevine; Thank you so much. Your reply made me feel a lot better. My target is Columbia but it’s always good to have a Plan B, especially since I’m transferring. And I don’t want to burden my parents with 50K a year if I don’t qualify for aid. Thanks again. </p>