Business (Marketing) & Advertising Majors

<p>My (probable NMF) Class of 2013 DD wants to double major and/or dual degree in Marketing and Advertising. While I can find rankings that include UA’s Business School as a whole, I can find nothing on Marketing specifically. Nor can I find any information addressing the reputation/rigor of the Advertising major.</p>

<p>I’d appreciate any insight you could give us on these two programs.</p>

<p>bump before it falls off front page…</p>

<p>Hi TX Architect-
While I don’t know anything specific to the Marketing or Advertising majors I can share this…seriously consider having your D attend the Capstone Business Leadership Academy this summer. </p>

<p>There are 2 10 day sessions, one in June and one in July. My son attended last summer and loved it. While they are not awarded any college credit the cost is only $350 for 10 DAYS IN A DORM INCLUDING FOOD AND ALL ACTIVITIES and these kids have scholarship’s offered to them that no other students can receive.</p>

<p>It was informative and fun. They went to several corporate headquarters and had many speakers come to them.</p>

<p>Here is the link for the academy [Capstone</a> Business Leadership Academy](<a href=“Home - The Culverhouse College of Business”>Home - The Culverhouse College of Business)</p>

<p>The kids really get a feel for the University of Alabama, my son was “all in” after his 10 days on campus!</p>

<p>On another note, my daughter is interested in Public Realations and I know from her interest the Advertising and Public Realations depts are very highly rated. In fact PR was tied with NYU for 1st overall PR dept recently. </p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/903212-ua-public-relations-program-ranked-among-top.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/903212-ua-public-relations-program-ranked-among-top.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>^^^As soon as DD gets home tonight, I’m going to have her check her planner - know June is booked, but July might be an option. Sounds GREAT and what a wonderful intro to UA!</p>

<p>Thank you for thinking of it. And that was a great little article about PR. A recent book says PR is the NEW advertising (via social media routes) so very pertainent info.</p>

<p>Thanks Again.</p>

<p>I don’t recall any popular ranking systems for individual undergraduate business majors. While there are rankings for individual graduate programs, know that graduate rankings do not necessarily represent the strength of the undergraduate program at that college or university.</p>

<p>Anyone else?</p>

<p>Sent you a pm, TX.</p>