Cal Poly Class of 2022 Thread

@ksquaredmom, make sure your student understands that it is a 3.0 overall AND in A-G course work. Sometimes seniors are able to load their schedules with some filler classes that can give them an inflated GPA. An A in “Walking P.E.” will not offset C’s in English and Government.

My S is well aware of the UC Irvine fiasco last year and has enough AP classes to avoid the withdrawal of an admission offer.

Anyone know when decisions are coming out? Are they coming out next thursday (2/15)?

@venm1337 By April 1.

@venm1337 typically they come out in waves, Feb 15 seems to be the general start (besides the few international students that have been accepted already)

An admissions counselor said decisions will likely be later than usual this year. I am assuming working out the bugs of the new application may be partially to blame.

Where did they say that?

Over the phone. I called SLO and asked @moberry123

anybody wanna let me know what my chances are of getting in?

Im an OOS student applied to mechanical engineering.
NOT 100% sure but MCA is around 4900 (+,-, 20pts.).

Does OOS hurt my admission chances?

Also if I don’t hear back by mid-feb does that mean i got rejected, because I’ve heard they do rejections last.

I would imagine that decisions come out next week as registration begins the following week for current students for their spring classes. Two years ago the regular decisions came at the same time that registration was going on, and the system crashed due to incoming freshmen candidates checking their portals for decisions. That’s why they moved decisions up last year to second-ish week in February. With 65,000+ applicants, I’m sure that they do not want this happening again.

A friend’s son (IN state) was notified last week of his acceptance to BOTH SLO & Pomona’s Engineering programs.

Adding: notified via email & portal

S was admitted to CPP Comp Engineering over the weekend (portal only). No determination on SLO portal still. OOS.

@mazycat Congratulations!

@mazycat Congratulations!

@ksquaredmom @psssthoy Thank you! He’s hoping to go to SLO where his brother is a Comp Eng major. Older brother was admitted in 2016 but I’m nervous for little bro. His SAT was not as good and wondering if they’ll reduce acceptances due to 2017’s large freshman class. We shall see…

No determination here

No determination for me as well.

Applied to General Engineering; in-state.

MCA: 4523 (without middle school grades), 4773 (with middle school grades)

Not sure which one will be considered, but regardless I hope I have a good shot. Hopefully they come out next week!

My daughter applied under RPTA. Does anyone have any info regarding previous admission stats/info for
this major?