Cal Poly Class of 2026 Freshman Waitlist Discussion

Thank you for the help! Will keep on checking the portal and emails.

my d22 got off the waitlist yesterday for public health. 4.2 cal gpa + APā€™s + ECā€™s. Good luck to you all.

6 Likes

In state?

If they offer you a spot from the waitlist, how long do you have to decide?

yes.

1 Like

by may 1 we need to decide.

Ours is also on waitlist for Public Health with almost same GPA, APā€™s, etcā€¦

1 Like

congrats! is she an undergrad?

yes. bs in public health. Thanks

2 Likes

Just was accepted ( off waitlist) for Architecture. OOS. On our way to visit the campus!

9 Likes

did they email or call? did you have to check portal ?

They notified me via the portal. We just visited the campus and during the orientation / tour admissions said they notified a handful of waitlisted students on Good Friday ( which is when my portal was updated) and they said the rest of the waitlist decisions will be released prior to July 15. Good luck everyone!

My d22 already accepted SDSU and had stopped checking her portal but got notified by email yesterday that she was accepted at Cal Poly SLO for business.

Is she supposed to decide by May 1 also? (She hasnā€™t forwarded me the email yet).

Sheā€™s already mentally / emotionally settled on SDSU (found a roommate). Declined UCD, UCSC, U Hawaii, LMU, Pepperdine and NYU Shanghai. I am a UCLA alum and that had been her dream school forever but didnā€™t get in to UCLA/USC/UCSB. She hopes to rush a sorority and play club tennis (or squash, if it exists). Any advice for people who know both SDSU and Cal Poly on whether itā€™s worth reconsidering?

Stats: OOS, elite prep HS and health challenges so 3.7 weighted GPA w 33 ACT. started her own company, lots of ECs, leadership, sports etc.

Has she visited SLO? Academically both have very good Business schools and both are great options but different school environments with SDSU in a vibrant busy city vs a small town atmosphere at SLO. Greek life is more visible at SDSU than SLO so if she wants to rush a Sorority, SDSU might be a better option since they have twice as many sororities than SLO.
Club Tennis is found at both schools but not Squash.

It is really up to her if she wants to change schools, but it seems she is pretty invested in SDSU already.

Thanks for responding!!! Neither of us have been to SLO but it looks beautiful. She does love the vibe of SDSU (bc itā€™s USC/UCLA-like). It was hard for me that she declined UCD and NYU, but I agreed that she would not be happy in those settings. However, CalPoly seems to have the right mix of strong reputation and beach-y culture. We live on the East Coast so Iā€™m just wondering if itā€™s worth paying the deposit for both and making a last minute trip to California next weekendā€¦

I would not commit to SLO until you visit. My son whom graduated from SDSU originally had SLO as a top choice but found the small town vibe not to his liking although he did like the SLO campus. He loved UCLA where he did not get accepted. SDSU was a perfect fit for him since he also wanted to rush a Fraternity. If she likes the USC/UCLA atmosphere then I think SDSU would be a better option in my opinion.

1 Like

My S22 got waitlisted to all his Ca public schools. If he gets off a waitlist and accepts to a school, will he be removed from other Ca waitlists or still have a chance to get in at another that he might prefer?

If admitted off the waitlist, and he accepts the school he will still remain on the other schools waitlists unless he withdraws. If he has no plans on attending the other waitlisted schools, it is common courtesy to let the schools know.

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Has anyone got accepted off the wait list yet?

My son is on list for comp sci, so far no word.

1 Like